We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

PLATFORM UPDATE REQUEST | Forum

ops
ops Sep 9 '17
Hello,

I have a problem with my web platform. When I go to Admin Panel in my website I see : "The source code of 'Blogs' plugin was updated. Need to update plugin DB.". Evrethyng is ok but when I try to update the system I have see that error:

"

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to UPDATE_ErrorManager::exceptionHandler() must be an instance of Exception, instance of Error given in /home/stroyboo/public_html/ow_updates/classes/error_manager.php:190 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: UPDATE_ErrorManager->exceptionHandler(Object(Error)) #1 {main} thrown in /home/stroyboo/public_html/ow_updates/classes/error_manager.php on line 190"

Where was the problem ? I have change after that Version of PHP from 5.6 installed to 7.0. Where can be the mistake ?

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Sep 12 '17
The problem is definitely coming from the PHP version 7... The system was trying to display a debug error in a way PHP 7 does not appreciate. Two ways to solve it..

1. Downgrade to 5.6.

2. From your cPanel File Manager/FTP go to /public_html/ow_updates/classes/ and edit error_manager.php. Online 190, change exceptionHandler( Exception $e ) to exceptionHandler( $e ).

After fixing it, you will be able to see the debug error.

ops
ops Sep 21 '17
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Updater::getSeoService() in /home/stroyboo/public_html/ow_plugins/blogs/update/10606/update.php on line 33

I see that wen make changes which you told me. Where was the problem  now ? 

ops
ops Sep 21 '17

<?php

/**

* This software is intended for use with Oxwall Free Community Software http://www.oxwall.org/ and is

* licensed under The BSD license.

* ---

* Copyright (c) 2011, Oxwall Foundation

* All rights reserved.

* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the

* following conditions are met:

*  - Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and

*  the following disclaimer.

*  - Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and

*  the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

*  - Neither the name of the Oxwall Foundation nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products

*  derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES,

* INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR

* PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,

* INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,

* PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED

* AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)

* ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

*/

// register sitemap entities

Updater::getSeoService()->addSitemapEntity('blogs', 'blogs_sitemap', 'blogs', array(

'blogs_list',

'blogs_post_list',

'blogs_post_authors',

'blogs_tags',

), 'blogs_sitemap_desc');

Updater::getLanguageService()->importPrefixFromZip(__DIR__ . DS . 'langs.zip', 'blogs');

ops
ops Sep 21 '17
I have that problem on my web site, and I don't know what to do ? 

UNDER MAINTENANCE.Sorry, the site is undergoing planned maintenance. We'll be back soon.

ops
ops Sep 21 '17
And Why when I try go change anything I see only that 

Does anybody hacked my web site ? Because nothing work ! What can I do ? I cannot make any changes on admin DashBoard, and Update process is not Working ! :(

The Forum post is edited by ops Sep 21 '17
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Sep 21 '17
You are able to see this errror because you have changed your PHP version.
Quote from ops Fatal error: Call to undefined method Updater::getSeoService() in /home/stroyboo/public_html/ow_plugins/blogs/update/10606/update.php on line 33

I see that wen make changes which you told me. Where was the problem  now ? 

Your website was not hacked. I see from your screenshot that you are updating your platform from a very old Oxwall platform. You may need to do a manual platform update.
Quote from ops And Why when I try go change anything I see only that 

Does anybody hacked my web site ? Because nothing work ! What can I do ? I cannot make any changes on admin DashBoard, and Update process is not Working ! :(

ops
ops Sep 21 '17
Ok but how to make a manual platform update ? I have use PHP 5.6 
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Sep 22 '17
Download update pack from https://developers.oxwall.com/download and extract the content to your site installation path. After which, go to yourwebsite.com/ow_updates/index.php
ops
ops Sep 23 '17
Ok how to update my web site without to lose my information ?
Magdy
Magdy Jan 13 '21
I did as @ebenezer said and I am still having the same message as @ops   "site is under maintenance"!!
dave Leader
dave Jan 13 '21

Have you removed your site from maintenance mode under admin pages, special pages

see special pages here

https://wiki.oxwall.com/overview:admin_area_manual:pages