We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Many plugins not working... bad configuration? | Forum

Joaquin
Joaquin Sep 17 '17
Hello,

I have a number of plugins that are not working. Unfortunately I didn't get a satisfactory answer from the developers (or not answer at all). So I decided to see if I could fix it.

I think all problems must have the same same root. I started analysing "Private Message Viewer", which seems to work for some, but not for me.

From Firefox Inspector, I can see the following warning:

SyntaxError: Using //@ to indicate sourceURL pragmas is deprecated. Use //# instead

And also

Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead.

I believe that has a lot to do with this plugins (and pretty sure others) not working.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix that?

Thank you

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 17 '17
Hello

I suggest you forget about any plugins that comes from Purusothaman Ramanujam 

That developer is not very stabel and can bee gone for several months before he do any updates or answer you. Now there probably is earth quake in India where he lives or someone die in his family it always some very dramatic story from him if he will come back here answer people again. judge you self if it is true or a lie....

NEVER buy any plugins from Purusothaman Ramanujam is my recommend and you will save many frustrating hours with try solve plugin issues and hire developers helping you.

trust ONLY active developers that answer plugin forums and are very active when it comes to talk with people. Ignore the other ones and you life will bee more happy trust me :)

Anyways i will suggest you use a plugin name Vadmin that have same feature as this plus many more nice features sadly the prices are to way to high and the developer is not very fast make suggestions for make the plugins much better even that he told his support are the best on entire oxwall store that why his very high prices?

Yes Daniel or denny i have all right now to tell you updates get very slow on my memberx suggestions and respond to the bugs i did find....do not tell people you have good and fast support for that huge money and later you show me different when it comes to suggestions and bug fixes

I very interested to know if you was get any contact to this developer Purusothaman Ramanujam because he have ignored me in over 6 months and some other members here at the forum...

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Sep 17 '17
JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 17 '17
Can you enable OW_DEBUG in your ow_includes/config.php file and then view the plugin pages and share what it says? The firefox inspector isn't going to help much if it deals with PHP/server side programming..

@OW-Ghost
This is a help thread, and responding with "don't buy plugins from x developer" isn't helping anyone or anything but your own agenda. Save it for a General Chat thread.
The Forum post is edited by JB TECH Sep 17 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 18 '17
Jake

Thanks for let me know you will fix all bugs from Purusothaman Ramanujam plugins and that we should continue buy his plugins with many bugs because you will fix them and we should not stop buy from him.

I wish you was show up here earlier so ALL we with plugin problems would have all our issues solved long time ago. 

When i said do not buy plugins from Purusothaman Ramanujam that is a huge HELP for he or others who read this to not buy plugins with bugs over and over again. 

keep up the good work

lol....

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Sep 18 '17
Joaquin
Joaquin Sep 18 '17
Hi Jake,

The plugin simply does nothing. It's meant to show messages between two users, and when clicking on the "read messages" link, the plugin doesn't do anything and doesn't show an error message.

I think @OW-Ghost is just trying to warn us. He's actually right. Perhaps not the best place but still ok.

Thanks
JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 18 '17
Joaquin,

Either something is wrong on your setup somewhere, or the plugin may be outdated. I don't have the other's testimonials on whether or not that plugin works with 1.8.4, so I can't be sure. If you want to PM me with some site details I could take a look into it in my spare time.

As for the discussion on whether the plugins should be bought or not: Whether OW-Ghost is correct or not, this help forum should facilitate answers and discussion to help solve issues such as the ones you're having. If you want to rant about a bad developer, I suggest 1) Emailing moderation (yes, store moderation is still active apparently), and 2) Go post about it in the OW Store forum section. Ghost's advice may be helpful, or it may not be, but it's in no case helping us solve your problem.

Thanks, have a great day :)