We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Suggestions, needs to be included... - Fan Page v.1.1 | Forum

JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 21 '12
I've tested it and it's very nice, but you are missing some key adaptations that make a plugin such as this a very successful masterpiece. 

Invite friends To Like - Every fanpage system should have the ability for a person/page maker to invite their site friends to Like the page.

Admins of Page - Pages should really have admins, and the creator can add, remove admins.

Better noticing areas- Pages people create, are rarely noticed. When someone likes a page, it needs to post a newsfeed update of that. People who like pages should have the liked pages listed on their Dashboard + Profile.

And last,

Easier Options - The options appear very very easy for a developer, but to the average website user, not so much. First, you should let people upload photos for the page header, instead of having to take the URL from a other site. The options should be made a bit simpler, and with the options to add tabs, and maybe a help tab for the admin(s) to learn tips & tricks on creating their page.

Please consider these, thanks.

aron
aron Sep 22 '12

Thanks for suggestions.

I'm working on updating and i think a lot of them will be included 

The Forum post is edited by aron Sep 22 '12
Marius
Marius Aug 10 '18
@Jake - JB TECH Oxwall Support

Better noticing areas- Pages people create, are rarely noticed. When someone likes a page, it needs to post a newsfeed update of that. People who like pages should have the liked pages listed on their Dashboard + Profile.” 

Good idea, but it does not work in this plugin. Plugin has not been updated.

You do not have permission to reply this topic