We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Site wide 404 error | Forum

Ashland
Ashland Sep 21 '12
I set up an Oxwall network for my classmates on my own website a few days ago. It has been working fabulously. I was on it at about 2am this morning and have made no changes to theme or plugin in a few days. I tried to log in about an hour ago and all I am getting is a site wide 404 error. I cannot even get into the admin area. I know absolutely nothing about coding and am in over my head. Any help would be much appreciated by me and everyone who has been using the site. the URL is http://www.pymspen.com/myth

Thank you!
Daniel
Daniel Sep 22 '12
Today my site is showing the same error 404 page not found :(

don't know what happened, someone please help!

http://frowear.com/my
Attachments:
  error404.png (160.87Kb)
JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 22 '12
@Ashland, Daniel what hosting are you using? And server?
Daniel
Daniel Sep 22 '12
my hosting is Bluehost.com my hosting and it is in good standing, all the folders for oxwall are in the server still.
Daniel
Daniel Sep 22 '12
Date of Install: 27 August, 2012 installed using Simple Scrips - oxwall 1.4.0
Daniel
Daniel Sep 22 '12
Just contacted Bluehost support and they reset the htaccess file and now im getting the main site but all the pages are now showing error 404
Daniel
Daniel Sep 22 '12
i got the guy on the Blue host he cant figure it out, i can send you a personal message with the login
Daniel
Daniel Sep 22 '12
Aleluja, now I just logged in and im getting a yellow debug message does not let me to go into the admin part to disable the anti spam app
Attachments:
  oxwall.png (103.38Kb)
Daniel
Daniel Sep 22 '12
ok i was able to go into the admin it looks like i have to reinstall some of the plugin, thank you very much.

Do you have any information on how to secure better oxwall site from spammers and hackers?

I was getting atlease 5 new fake members everyday with hotmail emails and i can tell because the names had the same format and around the same age
Daniel
Daniel Sep 22 '12
ok, thank you how does that anti spam tool work?
Ashland
Ashland Sep 22 '12
Hello, Paul! shall I PM you my info as well? I, too, am using Bluehost, but I worry that this may happen again. What did the problem turn out to be?
JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 22 '12
Daniel,

The Anit Spam tool uses a Spam protection system. You just need to download the database, I think under the Database tab. Then it will be fine. Then, you can add other Ip's and you can activate what protection systems are active and unactive, and add names of client spammers. I haven't had any spam member since the install.

Quote from Ashland Hello, Paul! shall I PM you my info as well? I, too, am using Bluehost, but I worry that this may happen again. What did the problem turn out to be?

Also, Ashlan, I use Arvixe, and they were having server load problems with my site in particular. If they get problems, the best thing to do first is contact user support, and they'll fix it for you.

Daniel
Daniel Sep 22 '12
awesome, thank you very much! we back up and running!
Ashland
Ashland Sep 23 '12
Fixed it! thanks!