We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

ow_userfiles to be private for worldwide | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
cfmer
cfmer Sep 21 '12
how can you make ow_userfiles and all the files in the directory accessed only by loged in users!

is there anyway to do it using chmod?

cfmer
cfmer Sep 22 '12
yes .. i mean for the photos, not to be accessed by url only if they were logged in users!
cfmer
cfmer Sep 22 '12
i knew that :P

but if you can make the users directory owners? will it do?

anyways, is there any other way to do it?

cfmer
cfmer Sep 22 '12
when you set  Guests can view the site to (no)  it redirects all non-logged in users to login form! but its only for pages, not for photos and the files! i guess thats a bug.. 

i dont like it when most aliases go like this (ow_userfiles/plugins/photo/photo_original_15.jpg) how can you change it to something more secure?

Alia Team
Alia Sep 24 '12
Cfmer,
>>when you set  Guests can view the site to (no)  it redirects all non-logged in users to login form! but its only for pages, not for photos and the files! i guess thats a bug..

We are aware of this issue. It will be fixed in the upcoming build.
David A
David A Mar 31 '13
Has a fix been found for this bug?
Alia Team
Alia Mar 31 '13
It is fixed as far as I know. Works for photos for sure.

If the site is set to be invisible for guest users, if you try to access a photo via direct link ( for example URL: sitename.com/photo/view/15), then guest user will get a login/register window.
David A
David A Apr 1 '13
If you take the following url, it will display the photo. Though it looks like it might be a thumbnail...

http://www.SITENAME.com/...photo_preview_39.jpg

is it because the plugin folder is not protected somehow?

James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
We also provide maintenance and replacement services for a variety of vehicle components, including belts, hoses, and sensor modules. Tulsa On-Site Truck Repair