We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

ow_flists_list table crashing - Friend Lists | Forum

Tecca
Tecca Nov 30 '17
Do you have any idea why the ow_flists_list table would crash every night after automysqlbackup runs? Not very savvy when it comes to databases, to be honest.

[ERROR] mysqld: Table './ow_flists_list' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

This has happened two nights in a row, along with the ow_base_search_entity table.

I simply repair the tables via phpMyAdmin or the command line and things work fine afterward. Nothing has changed on the server and the site is coming up on being two years old, so I suppose the only difference is more data in these tables. The only thing that changed is that I allowed innoDB to be used on the server, but Oxwall is not using it whatsoever (it's for another site's database). 

Any advice on what I can do with these? They are both using MyISAM as they always have.

I understand if you're unsure or I'm not providing enough information, but I figured this would be the first place I should ask.

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Dec 1 '17

Hi Bryan,

This table does not contains a lot of data and it is not highly loaded table, so it is odd that it crashes often. The issue might be related to incorrect backup/server configuration. Did you try to contact your hosting provider by the issue?
Tecca
Tecca Dec 1 '17

Quote from Sergey Kambalin

Hi Bryan,

This table does not contains a lot of data and it is not highly loaded table, so it is odd that it crashes often. The issue might be related to incorrect backup/server configuration. Did you try to contact your hosting provider by the issue?
Hey Sergey, thanks for the reply.

I am managing the VPS myself, so I used MySQLTuner.pl to help me out a bit. Changing the sort_buffer_size seemed to fix the problem.

Not sure how helpful that will be to anyone else here, but alas.

Thanks for your time and the awesome plugins.

Pat
Pat Apr 12 '20
Dit moi si ce développeur est toujours actif. 
You do not have permission to reply this topic