We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Splash Page | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Crystal
Crystal Jan 23 '11
How can one raise the content and widen the page content. The content seems to start at the middle of the page.
Valairus
Valairus Feb 3 '11
me this question the same interests…
Crystal
Crystal Feb 10 '11
Anyone can help with this?
Patrick
Patrick Feb 11 '11
toggle the css settings
Crystal
Crystal Feb 16 '11
Hi
Ok I am no programmer but have looked at css and cannot see where to do changes. Can anyone help with code to look for or a line number. I use rapid css or dreamweaver.
Patrick
Patrick Feb 16 '11
In Admin > Appearance > Edit Theme > CSS, find "ow_content"

everything under the sign "/* — Content Menu styles — */" modifies the look and feel of the content part.

Hope that helps.
Crystal
Crystal Feb 16 '11
I have looked there but do not want to adjust all the pages only the splash page and wonder if the problem with the splash page is that it allows space for the menu etc. on other pages.
If this is not so I am not sure where to adjust.
Patrick
Patrick Feb 16 '11
Sorry, but if my understanding is correct, both the "Splash screen" and "Maintenance Page" allows full html entry, including CSS.

Have you tried creating a full HTML site in dreamweaver and copy-paste it in the text back in your oxwall site?
Crystal
Crystal Feb 17 '11
That is true. I have done just that but when the splash page is called it starts in the middle of the screen and not at the top. This is what i want to fix.
Patrick
Patrick Feb 20 '11
I'm afraid you would have to edit the html file associated with the splash screen as we modified the sign-in page at our site.
Crystal
Crystal Feb 20 '11
I have looked for the files but cannot find them.
Patrick
Patrick Feb 28 '11
@Crystal,

Have you found a solution yet?
Crystal
Crystal Feb 28 '11
I have looked at the css in dreamweaver but cannot see where to play with the code.
Patrick
Patrick Feb 28 '11
html file is located here: ow_system_plugins/base/views/controllers/base_document_splash_screen.html

Hope that helps you.
Crystal
Crystal May 6 '11
Thanks found it and by changing padding was able to center page and remove the big empty space on top.
Crystal
Crystal May 6 '11
How to make Splash page a landing page. As soon as member has joined site the cookie bypasses splash page.
qheart
qheart Jul 7 '11
@crystal, can you tell us result of your site now with link here
Paul
Paul Oct 2 '11
I have made my own welcome page instead of using the splash page - it's really quite simple using HTML.

I then set the welcome page as the first page and visible to guests only so as soon as a member logs in they are taken to the Main page which is set as visible to logged in members only.

If you want to take a look and ask me any questions, then I'd be happy to help.  The site is at http://www.matesgate.biz (the first page you'll see is my custom welcome page which is not entirely dissimilar in concept to the landing page of the world's biggest social networking site!)
Syed
Syed Jun 10 '12
hi i make my splash page but its work only index page and every page doesn't show even sign-in page.

anybody help me wht i do .?

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Nov 8 '12
@crystal Please what did you change the padding to? mine is not working.
Pages: 1 2 »