We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

New to oxwall and I have one questions | Forum

Michael
Michael Sep 25 '12
We have moved from using the "elgg" social network platform to this one oxwall, so far we're very happy with it. When we first installed the site we added the plugins we liked during the installation process, we then added the "groups" plugin once the site was up and we could login to it.

After installing the Groups plugin through admin panel the site produced 500 internal errors on all pages. We went into file manager and removed the group plugin which got the site back up but still produced a 500 internal error or the "main" page.

As we have just started with oxwall we thought it would be best to clear the site completely and start from a fresh install. Since then we have installed the facebook connect plugin which worked fine.

Does anyone know why the site produced 500 errors and how would we go about resolving this issue if it happens again. We are reluctant to install further plugins incase this happens again.

Alia Team
Alia Sep 25 '12
Michael, also check out this link http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/4661 .

500.phtml file was created to be displayed instead of initial error and avoid confusing.To see the real error, go to your server via FTP and open the ow_includes/config.php file. Change value from false to true for the line:

define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);

Save file and check the error once again - you would see the error that triggered the 500 error to be displayed.

Michael
Michael Sep 25 '12
@Paul - I moved the groups folder from ow_plugins to the trash folder, it then allowed me to access the site apart from the "main" page.

@Aliia - If we get a similar issue when installing another plugin we'll use your method to see the error and then go from there.

Thanks for your responses
Joseph
Joseph Sep 25 '12
I can help you and assist with this issue I have had the same problem in the past and finally solved it and learned a lot about manual plugin uninstall