We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Installing free plugins | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Sep 25 '12
I have downloaded some free plugins. During installation, I was asked to provide the following:
Host Login Password PortHow Do I get those? Please someone help.
Thanks
Soloplayer Designs
Soloplayer Designs Sep 26 '12
go to your hosting account cpanel
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Sep 26 '12
Thanks a lot. I know those details
Pete
Pete Sep 26 '12
Use the same user name and password that you use to log into your hosting account
Michael I.
Michael I. Oct 16 '12
Topic was moved from Plugins.
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Paul Cuffe a word of note: some people do have problems trying to use the FTP to upload ect. normally this is due to permission (FTP)

Paul,
The FTP permissions are fine in many cases. Filezilla works with the details for me.. but not Oxwall. For example one of my server does not allow explicit access.. So it requires FTPes which oxwall does not supports.
Alia Team
Alia Oct 16 '12
Kumi, were you able to install plug ins successfully?
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Oct 17 '12
Yes, I was Thanks
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Oct 17 '12
One thing. I have embedded some video codes, but so far only Youtube embeds show video thumbnails. Even though the videos show perfectly well the thumbnails don't appear when one visits the video page. Can you help me fix this issue?
Thanks,
Kumi
Alia Team
Alia Oct 17 '12
Kumi, I noticed that you created a separate topic related to thumbnails. Thank you for doing so. I will reply to it shortly.

Let's keep this topic about installation of free plug ins only, so that other users don't get confused  )).
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Oct 17 '12
I did that but nobody answered so I thought I could get you easily here. sorry about that