We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I hunted for an answer... but I need help! Browsing to local server from external via IP.. | Forum

P. Davis
P. Davis Jan 5 '18
Hi everyone.  Thanks in advance, and thank you to all the developers.  This is very cool stuff!

I set up Oxwall using ampps on my own PC.  Everything is working smoothly, although in this case, updating plugins, and the FTP thing, were a bit of a struggle.  (I extracted updated plugins into their folders, and they were picked up and updated by Oxwall in the Admin page.)

Anyhow, I need to know how exactly to access the server from an external IP.  I have it to the point where I can browse to *.*.*.*:port, and it takes me to the WWW folder contents.  (Port number had to be custom, my ISP is blocking 80.  It's forwarded to port 80 by my router now though.)  If I click on the folder names after my server, it tries to go to the localhost address, which of course, isn't on that external computer.

I'm just testing an idea right now, so not using DNS or anything, just direct entry.

Thanks in advance for any help!

dave Leader
dave Aug 4 '18
Hi, i am not familiar with using ampps but do you still need help with this?  I am sure there is someone here that can help if you still need it.