We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Make Groups display text shorter | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Vicki
Vicki Sep 26 '12
My Groups overview page has groups on it. Each Group has a lot of text in the description. Because of this, the text goes very long before you can see the next Group on the page.

I would like the Group page descriptions to concatenate to 600 characters followed by dot dot dot ...

For example, this is how I would like it to be displayed:

Group 1 name
This is the Group description that goes on very long This is the Group description that goes on very long This is the Group description that goes on very long This is the Group description that goes on very long...

Group 2 name
This is the Group description that goes on very long This is the Group description that goes on very long This is the Group description that goes on very long This is the Group description that goes on very long...

Can someone please tell me how to change how many characters of the Group to display on the Group overview page (main page)?
The Forum post is edited by Vicki Sep 26 '12
marya
marya Sep 26 '12
Thank vicki,
Alia Team
Alia Sep 27 '12
Vicki, thanks for the report. This bug will be fixed within next updates.
Vicki
Vicki Sep 27 '12
Thanks Aliia, in the meantime:

Can someone please tell me how to change how many characters of the Group to display on the Group overview page (main page)?
Alia Team
Alia Sep 28 '12
Vicki, I can not give instructions right now as I don't know yet how our developers will be fixing this issue. Let's see if other forum users have any ideas.
Jean
Jean Oct 23 '13
Thats nice. Im sitting with the same issue.

Any update yet? 

ross Team
ross Oct 24 '13
Not yet