We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

block individual Emails? - Trashmail Blocker | Forum

Matthias
Matthias Feb 9 '18
Hello,

my main issue is, that the spam accounts are using real Email-Providers to sign up and spam. So all of them have @gmail or @outlook etc Emails and not trashmails. 

2 questions:

1) Can I use this tool to enter all the individual email adresses so they cannot sign up anymore with it? 

For example: I want to block the Email maria.wood@gmail.com from signing up. Will it still allow all other @gmail adresses to sign up? 

2) Is there a limit to the Email-Adresses that should be blocked? I have literally thousands of blocked Spam-Accounts which I would add to the list. 

Thank you for explaining!

Matthias

Tecca
Tecca Apr 3 '18
1) Sadly, it seems it can't do that. It strips everything and leaves the top-level domain such as gmail.com, even if you enter a specific email address. I'd like the possibility to ban user-specific emails too. Would be great as another tab option in the settings. Maybe even allow the use of notes for this section to note why a specific email was banned (to add the username that they used, or other pertinent info).

2) There doesn't seem to be a limit in my experience, but hopefully the dev responds. Although this topic is 2 months old almost. I have around 7,000 burner email websites banned in mine. It did lock up the browser for a minute or two before I could save the form though, since it was so much text. 

Matthias
Matthias Apr 12 '18
Thank you for the feedback Bryan! I hope the devs are listening :) 

Elly Dzilah
Elly Dzilah Apr 14 '18
Hello, all issues have been  noted by the development  team. An update will be released shortly which will take care of that. Thank you all for your contributions to make this plugin even better.
Tecca
Tecca Apr 15 '18

Quote from Elly Dzilah Hello, all issues have been  noted by the development  team. An update will be released shortly which will take care of that. Thank you all for your contributions to make this plugin even better.
That sounds great! Thanks for the heads up, and appreciate that the plugin is still updated.
Matthias
Matthias Apr 23 '18
Great News, we are looking forward to the update!
Elly Dzilah
Elly Dzilah Oct 2 '18
Update is available
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Oct 2 '18

There is some error and this page is displayed badly.

Look at the file

The update is very good, I recommend it.

Attachments:
  trashmail.jpg (43Kb)
Tecca
Tecca Oct 15 '18
Great, thanks for the update. It seems great, just need to fix that small UI issue. Still works to add emails though!
Elly Dzilah
Elly Dzilah Feb 23 '19

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla Bcn

There is some error and this page is displayed badly.

Look at the file

The update is very good, I recommend it.

Error fixed in new update. Thanks for reporting :)

You do not have permission to reply this topic