We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Sitemap.xml plugin repair | Forum

Igor
Igor Feb 11 '18
Hi,
I bought Sitemap generator plugin, unfortunately it doesn't work and there is no support from developer.
Is there anyone here knowing this plugin and is able to fix it for a fee?
Thanks.

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/230
Chris_W
Chris_W Feb 24 '18
I don't use the plugin, I use this Standalone Sitemap Generator.

Far more versatile, and you can use it on all your sites if you have more than one.

If you install it in a folder /sitemap then you will need to add

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/sitemap/  to your .htaccess file.

Igor
Igor Mar 1 '18
Thank you Chris_W
You've been using it for a while already or it's a new item?
Sounds as a great solution, hope it really works on oxwall

Chris_W
Chris_W Mar 2 '18

Quote from Igor Thank you Chris_W
You've been using it for a while already or it's a new item?
Sounds as a great solution, hope it really works on oxwall

I've been using it for years, almost from when it first appeared. It works very well and can be run from a cron job at a time and interval to suit you. It will produce a separate xml site map for pages, images, video, also an html site map page. and then ping the search engines with the updated site map. There are also many setting options to suit your site and needs.
Igor
Igor Mar 4 '18
Great, thanks a lot for the info.
How long did it take you to install it or you ordered it together with installation included?
Chris_W
Chris_W Mar 4 '18

There is no installation as such.

You purchase and download the .zip file, create a yoursite.com/sitemap folder, upload the contents of the .zip file to yoursite.com/sitemap then add:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/sitemap/    to your .htaccess file in the section with all the other RewriteCond entries.

Navigate to yoursite.com/sitemap/ and it will come up. Configure it to suit your needs then create your sitemap.

Then create a cron job to run it at your chosen interval. It even gives you the correct cron command to copy and paste into your cron job.

There is also a link in the program interface to explanatory documentation.

Oh yes, it will also report all changes to your site on every site map creation, and inform you of any broken links

The Forum post is edited by Chris_W Mar 4 '18
Igor
Igor Mar 5 '18
Thank you Chris_W
dave
dave Aug 8 '18
Nice job Chris, well done!  :)