We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Why won't it work? | Forum

Wolf
Wolf Oct 2 '12
I have tried to get Owall to run with no success. I had my host try as well. PDO is installed, but I get the Oxwall Hosting requirements unmet page saying PDO is not installed. Here is the last response I got from my host:
"We have triple checked the configuration on the server which hosts your account and the PDO extension is installed and properly function. As there is no configuration issue and php 5.3 is not listed in the application requirements we have set test installation on php5.2.17 and MySQL 5.0 server. The test installation had not errors which clearly shows that the application may not be compatible with php 5.3 or/and MySQL 5.1 which are the versions on the server which your account is currently hosted on.

As the migration to php5.3 server you have requested via one of the previous tickets the options to have this script running are:

1. We may migrate your account back to a php5.2 server. Note that any applications which require php5.3 will no longer function.
2. You may consider purchasing second amazing package which we will setup for you on php5.2/MySQL 5.0 server and you may set the script in question on it.

If none of the above is an option you will have to contact an expert local web developer to review the script coding and ensure it is compatible with the versions of the MySQL service and the php interpreter running current server.

Should you have any further questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us."

Is he correct? Is it not compatible with PHP 5.3? Or is there another issue causing the problem? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!