We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What does the "Follow" button do? - Match Responsive Landing Premium | Forum

Dave Tavres
Dave Tavres Mar 6 '18
I just noticed that there is a "Follow" button on profiles now... if I click it, the button changes to "Unfollow".

I can't find anything in the documentation on what it does.

When I sign into the profile I'm "following", I don't know how to see a list of people I'm "following".

I would expect to see something in the notification area when the profile updates their 'About Me' or adds photos... but nothing seems to happen.

Help :)

Sprintally®
Sprintally® Mar 6 '18
this is a thirdparty plugin " https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1075 "  for mor info please contact plugin developer.
Dave Tavres
Dave Tavres Apr 3 '18

Quote from Sprintally Solutions this is a thirdparty plugin " https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1075 "  for mor info please contact plugin developer.
Thanks... How do I DISABLE this "Follow" button? I did NOT install the "Followers" plugin, and I don't want it displayed.
The Forum post is edited by Dave Tavres Apr 3 '18
Sprintally®
Sprintally® Apr 3 '18
give me a demo or admin login access details by private message. Also insert your website url on message.
Dave Tavres
Dave Tavres May 24 '18
A demo of what? YOU just told me it's a third party plugin. I do NOT have that plugin installed at all (and never have.) The "Follow" button is *IN* your "Match" theme. 

I want to DISABLE it.

How do I DISABLE the "Follow" button in your "Match" theme?

Sprintally®
Sprintally® May 24 '18
no theme doesn't have any Follow buttons. things are coming from core or plugins.
Sprintally®
Sprintally® May 24 '18
show me screenshot here of that follow button
Dave Tavres
Dave Tavres May 26 '18
So, in a previous post you guys said that we need to install the "newsfeed" plugin for all of the "Match" theme features to work.

Then, when we install the "newsfeed" plugin, the "Follow" button is added to the profile pages.

How can we get the "Match" theme features to work WITHOUT using the "newsfeed" plugin?

Sprintally®
Sprintally® May 26 '18
"Follow" button is not coming from newsfeed plugin. when you install more plugins call of action gets increased in user profile page so one by one item gets out of the drop-down. that's all.

How can we get the "Match" theme features to work WITHOUT using the "newsfeed" plugin? "

yes, you need to remove a .js code from the index.html file and which will result in the nonsticky sidebar.

You do not have permission to reply this topic