We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Determine user online time? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Marcus
Marcus Mar 8 '18
How can i determine how long the user has been online? I mean from the moment they registered. 
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Aug 24 '19
Marcus
Marcus Aug 24 '19
Folks is it possible on ow?
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Aug 24 '19
dave Leader
dave Aug 25 '19
To clarify - you want to know the total time a user has been online from their original registration date to today?  Example - If they were online two weeks ago for 5 min and then today for 3 min, their total time online would be 8 min.

No that is not possible with the current oxwall data, the login durations are not archived in any way and the aggrigate login time total is not stored anywhere.  

It can be done with a plugin only going forward from the plugin install but nothing going backward.  In other words a plugin can be created to archive the total login time data but it would only track data going foward but not backwards as there is no pre-existing data.

I believe oxwall does store original registration date, so member time as a member can be gathered but thats all.

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 25 '19
Marcus
Marcus Aug 25 '19
Thanks Dave for the clarification you rock
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 25 '19
This plugin https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1473 check time between registration and last activity.

A top ten plugin that i use every month to clear dead profiles that make you members angry because they never responding from the first day they sign up and take up space on your hard drive only

and it checks other useful things...maybe not what you was looking for. anyways everyone should have this plugin on they sites in my opinion ..

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 25 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 26 '19

I do it differently. I captured the idea of another social network with another script, then starting from the "Reminder" plugin that is a disaster I developed this.

I select the users that have not logged in for a long time and send them a souvenir email every 3 months.

Like the "reminder" plugin, (but skipping users with unconfirmed emails and suspended users), and instead of a standard text like that plugin I send you a summary of the most voted and commented bogs, most commented forums, some statistics of likes, votes and new members ... If the emails are returned to me if I delete these users.

With this I recover activity of many members who had forgotten my website. There are many who did not connect because there were no more members in their small town, but now maybe and I encourage you to come see him.

Maybe I publish this plugin, I would just have to put the texts in the language file because it has them fixed, "hard coded".