We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Change age requirements | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jayme
Jayme Oct 3 '12
Hi,

I'm running a kids' site so they can trade art.  On registration, though, they either have to lie about their age and say they were born in 1992 or earlier OR can't register.

How do I change the age requirements of Oxwall so a kid as young as four can join my site?

Thanks

~Jay

Joseph
Joseph Oct 3 '12
1. go to yoursite.com/admin/questions/index

2.click to edit birthday and then set the year range

Jayme
Jayme Oct 4 '12
Excellent!  Thanks, Joseph!
James Geddes
James Geddes Jun 17 '15
This solution does not work any more, how does one change the minimum age now?
James Geddes
James Geddes Jun 17 '15
Found it! The setting can be found at

yoursite.tld/admin/questions/account-types

One must then click edit near the "Birthday" field.

I have set Geek.Zone to allow anyone born in 2015 or before to sign up, however next year we would need to add 2016 to the available options. Is there a way that this can update itself automatically?

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jun 17 '15
instead of yoursite.com/admin/questions/index got to yoursite.com/admin/questions/account-types and edit birthday year range 

EDIT:

you beat me to it :p

The Forum post is edited by Kieron H Jun 17 '15
James Geddes
James Geddes Jun 19 '15
Ha ha yes Kieron, I type quickly!

Is there a way to automatically update it so that it always allows people that are at least 0 to register?

Taissa Team
Taissa Jun 19 '15
James Geddes, you may change age range as you described  but if you need update age range this should be done  manually. If you would like to change it automatically this is considered  as custom code modification.
James Geddes
James Geddes Jun 19 '15
Hi Taissa,

This is yet another elementary thing that has been left out of oxwall. Will the list ever end?

James

Taissa Team
Taissa Jun 19 '15
James Geddes, we are thinking about improving our software constantly and we have a public repository where you may add the features you need or  bug fixes: https://bitbucket.org/oxwall/public . So you are always welcomed to commit changes with working solution.

James Geddes
James Geddes Jun 19 '15
Finally I see you are taking my advice and encouraging the community to support Oxwall! Well done!

By the way, Taissa, you can call me "James". My surname is "Geddes", so you don't need to use it every time :)

Taissa Team
Taissa Jun 19 '15
Ok, James )
Thank you for your activity on the forum )
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 22 '23
We travel all over the county to provide service, so you’re never too far from our reach. Mighty Men Orinda Pest Control
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
We use the latest diagnostic tools and equipment to accurately identify the problem and get it fixed right the first time. Orange On-Site Truck Repair