We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to change header image | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jun
Jun Apr 19 '18
Hi there, I tried every means to change my theme's header image to no avail. The theme customization in my dashboard is also of no use because it does not display the image that I want to be my page header.

I already uploaded the image to the folders where the default is located, but still, it is not working. I tried setting 'OW_DEV_MODE' to True in the config file but nothing happens. 

Any idea as to where should I go to have my image loaded to the header section?

Thank you in anticipation.

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Apr 19 '18
Changing the header image should be fairly simple from the theme control in the admin panel. There are a couple of things you can double check.

1. Make sure all of the server requirements are met. Note php 7 does cause some issues since the platform was never cleared to fully support it. Server requirements are on the right hand side of this page.
https://developers.oxwall.com/hosting

2. Check this post to help check file / folder permissions.
https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/14334
Jun
Jun Apr 23 '18
Hi Darryl, thank you for your support. I tried to follow your instructions but I guess I missed something in between. Anyway, kindly check the attachment as to the recommended PHP extensions and settings. I'm using x10Hosting.com and my current PHP Version is 5.5 but I'm not quite sure if the settings in my cPanel matched with the recommended ones, that's why I included herein the screenshots for your reference. Other info are the following

Database server

• Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
  • Server type: MariaDB
  • Server version: 10.0.31-MariaDB-cll-lve - MariaDB Server
  • Protocol version: 10
  • User: unorhs79@localhost
  • Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
Web server
  • cpsrvd 11.56.0.22
  • Database client version: libmysql - 5.1.73
  • PHP extension: mysqli Documentation
phpMyAdminI really appreciate your support on this matter.

Attachments:
  php-settings.jpg (151Kb)
  php-extensions.jpg (179Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Apr 24 '18
I wouldn't be able to tell you if your server requirements are okay, or not. You could provide the Oxwall requirements to your host, and they can tell you if they are all met, or not.
From your other post regarding not being able to change the avatar; I would lean toward the folder, and file permissions. If the platform can't access the folders, it won't be able to add the image.

Jun
Jun Apr 26 '18
Thank you so much Darryl, I do really appreciate your time in answering questions here. More power!