We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Google Maps for Events Plugin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Oct 9 '12
Hello peeps

can google maps be integrated with the events plugin? So when people create events they could insert the location on google maps [that you could embed in your website - but it would only last on the map for the duration of the event etc...]????

If not its a worthy development for someone good at that stuff - I really need it
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I believe its possible for a developer to do that.

There would be 2 ways for this.

1) Automatically take the event locatoin from the item and display a map.

2) Users can manually add a map location. this would be complex when compared to #1
Michael I.
Michael I. Oct 10 '12
Topic was moved from Plugins.
Alia Team
Alia Oct 10 '12
Richard, I recommend posting your suggestion at http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall
Tom
Tom Oct 11 '12
Richard - I agree with you.  I'm planning on have some mapping pluggins developed for me.  I'll let you know if we make this one.  It sounds useful to me too.

Tom
Tom
Tom Oct 11 '12
We could use more votes for this functionality here:

http://oxwall.uservoice.com/...ion-field-to-profile

Daren
Daren Nov 15 '12
Please update me ... Im willing to PAY for this but small amt cos im not very rich hehe ... Id stick with OXwall and pay for this instead of using other cms and get this app for free :D u can email me darenongsuejan@gmail abt this update and I can be ur first customer .. i mean it .... :D

Hoping to hear the great news from u talented developers out there !

Richard Carr
Richard Carr May 5 '13
Please folks this is really really really needed :)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I believe there is a plugin for showing maps for events.
Richard Carr
Richard Carr May 6 '13
Hi puru, yes I currently use your Extended Events + Map plugin which is fantastic, but am still looking for a single map listing all upcoming events etc... May you have done this [I haven't updated yet]
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I have done this. But not yet released in the store.
Richard Carr
Richard Carr May 7 '13
Oh fantastic work....I can't wait :)