We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem with Video Thumbnails. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Oct 15 '12
Oxwall  doesn't show thumbnails for embeds from some sites even though the video plays fine.
 Is there a way for me to enable this?
Thanks
The Forum post is edited by Kumi Festus Oct 15 '12
Alia Team
Alia Oct 18 '12
Kumi, currently Oxwall supports most of the popular embed video hosting services. We constantly update our database, but some sites are either not added to the database yet, or changed the way of creating thumbnails for their embed code.
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Oct 18 '12
ok
Thanks
TJ
TJ Nov 5 '12
Hi there sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. I have a problem on my website with videos. When I post an embed I get an ERROR come up and it just won't load. Would it be because our website is not added to the data base yet? 

Thanks !!

Purusothaman Ramanujam
More information on the error will help to help you Tracy.

website not added to database? !!!!

PS: For new issues create new post.
TJ
TJ Nov 6 '12
Hi as regards website not added to data base I was quoting from a previous reply from above post which says 'We constantly update our database, but some sites are either not added to the database yet' 

forgive my lack of knowledge. 
Ok the error occurs when I attempt to add a video embed for example a music video from Youtube ...  obviously I am adding embed in box and clicking send and get a red bar with Error come up , Sorry I can't be more specific 
My website is Chatify

The Forum post is edited by TJ Nov 6 '12
Alia Team
Alia Nov 7 '12
Tracy, I tried to post a video from yourtube ( ideally it should have worked, since Oxwall allows embed videos from youtube) on your site and I got :

Forbidden:You don't have permission to access /video/add/index/ on this server.

This kind of error usually means that there are some kind of security rules on your servers which are conflicting with out software. Can you check with your hosting company? Let me know about their response.

Adrian
Adrian Feb 23 '13

Dear Tracy,

You have to check "Use old embed code" option from youtube embed menu (for more details please see attached picture)

I hope this will be useful for you,

Adrian

Attachments:
  error.jpg (45.15Kb)
Bianca
Bianca Apr 4 '13
i have the same problem, and it worked for months , all of a sudden, youtube is impossible, other video's still work.

the use old embed code didn't work for me

bianca

Alia Team
Alia Apr 5 '13
Bianca, what is your site URL?
If your site is private one, can you PM me username and pass I can log in with to test.
If it is open, I will register myself once you give the URL.
Rachel
Rachel Apr 28 '23

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a problem with video thumbnails. Can you please provide more information about the issue you are facing?

For example, are you having trouble creating thumbnails for your videos, or are the thumbnails not displaying correctly when you try to view them? Additionally, please let me know what platform or software you are using to create or view the videos.

With more information, I can better assist you in resolving the problem with video thumbnails.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez