We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Spam Challenge | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jul 17 '18
Hi, 

Since Oxwall Germany has been given access to moderate the forum. I suggest we challenge ourselves to find and report as much spam as we can to help clean up the forum.

However to make it easier on all of us why dont we all use the "elephant" method to do this.   

The "elephant" method is just this "how do you eat an elephant?" and the answer is "one bite at a time"  :)

So lets all challenge ourselves to find and report 10 spam posts a day.  This does not take long at all and it will greatly thin out the spam.   

I can find 10 in about 20 min so it should not take you long either.  So how about it folks 10 per day is so easy... 

:)  

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 17 '18
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jul 17 '18
This is a good challange, we support it :) The last few minutes we just deleted 50+ spam posts, so lets go on together.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Germany Jul 17 '18
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jul 17 '18
+100
Quote from dave Hi, 

Since Oxwall Germany has been given access to moderate the forum. I suggest we challenge ourselves to find and report as much spam as we can to help clean up the forum.

However to make it easier on all of us why dont we all use the "elephant" method to do this.   

The "elephant" method is just this "how do you eat an elephant?" and the answer is "one bite at a time"  :)

So lets all challenge ourselves to find and report 10 spam posts a day.  This does not take long at all and it will greatly thin out the spam.   

I can find 10 in about 20 min so it should not take you long either.  So how about it folks 10 per day is so easy... 

:)  

dave Leader
dave Aug 15 '18
We got hit hard tonight, almost every section of support had at least a full page of topics and some two pages of spam.  It has all been reported.  I hope oxwall does something about this because i dont always have the time to report over 100 spam posts.  

Make that 200+  i came back later and they must have seen that i reported them so they ran their spam script again and put them all back under a dif name.... gggggggrrrrrrrrrr    so i reported them all over again...

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 16 '18
dave Leader
dave Aug 16 '18
Where is our site moderation?
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Aug 16 '18

Dave, thank you again for your work flagging the spam posts. This was great as we were able to delete them simply.

We encourage all users to flag other spam posts if you come across such posts.

Thank you.

dave Leader
dave Aug 16 '18
your welcome i was just checking to be sure you were still at the helm.. thanks for the reply.
dave Leader
dave Aug 27 '18
i wanted to thank everyone who has been reporting spam.  It is a huge help since i am sidebarred for the moment on something else.  I wanted to sincerely say thank you for doing that!!!!  It is a huge help...  :)
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 1 '18
fishing again dave ? or retired ? :D
dave Leader
dave Sep 1 '18
fishing but im not catching anything, then someone told me that i was suppose to toss the worm end in the water not the pole  LMAO 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 1 '18
i always toss the pole ...LMAO