We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Clone Main page | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ulises Aguilera
Ulises Aguilera Jul 26 '18
Hello. How can I clone the mine page?

How can insert some plugins in user page?

Thanks

dave Leader
dave Jul 26 '18
Hi, i dont believe you can clone the main page due to hard coded values.   But you can create your own custom page via the admin -> pages section. 

I dont understand the second question, do you want to know how to code plugins or do you have plugins you want to add to the user profile?

JB TECH
JB TECH Jul 26 '18

From last I read, the index.php simply just calls different pre-defined class-objects and that's it. There wouldn't be any real good reason to "clone" it.

As for your other question, if you mean adding widgets and features to user profiles, you need to make plugins that make use of Oxwall's widget system.

https://wiki.oxwall.com/

-Jake

Ulises Aguilera
Ulises Aguilera Jul 27 '18
Hi Dave. I would like to know how to code my own plugins. And I would like to know how to add some plugins to the users page.

Thanks for the help.

Ulises Aguilera
Hello Jake, How can I call different pre-defined-objets?
I think, the file index.php, do I most to coy it and paste it with another name?

The reason to clone it, is not just to clone it, but to have another page with the customize mode. I think you can do a lot more with a page like that.

I don´t know how to code, I have some limited skills with html, and I sould like to learn how to code oxwall plugins, I will apreciate some help.

Thanks a lot.
dave Leader
dave Jul 27 '18
Ulises - youll have to understand more than html to code plugins, youll have to know php as well as some basic JS.   

There is a free skeleton plugin in the store you can download and install that will show you some stuff, but it is very old and out of date.  But it does give you some basic understanding.   

However, unless you understand php and basic class concepts youll be lost.   So im thinking your probably not yet ready to code your own plugins.   I would suggest you try to learn some php and even some server management concepts which will help you put it all together. 

Ulises Aguilera
Hi Dave. You are right, I don´t have the skills to make plugins yet.

This is what I need in the users page: a plugin like Image SlideShow, but with a single image, and as this plugin that can be placed as many times in the same user page. But each image with its own link.

I would like that the users can sell advertising.

I have been looking and waiting this plugin, and I asked for it to many developers, but nothing.

This is the plugin what Im talkin about, it just the base and the example that what I want: https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/416#

Is it possible to make some changes in this plugin to make it as I need?

Thanks a lot.

dave Leader
dave Jul 28 '18
Sure anything is possible but you would have to hire someone to do that for you.  Also any changes you make will need to be readded every time you update the script/plugin.
Ulises Aguilera
Ulises Aguilera Jul 29 '18
Ok. I will keep that in mind.

Thanks a lot. Gracias.