We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall Accessories | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Rob
Rob Jul 27 '18
Is this developer still active.?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jul 27 '18
This dev hasn't been on in a while. Even when he was; contact was hit, and miss.
dave Leader
dave Jul 27 '18
About 2 years ago we had a problem with him posting some of his personal referral links (such as hosting and other links having nothing to do with his business here) which is a forum "no no" and he was reprimanded by ross for it.  He was also reported to his link supplier for violation of their policy and was reprimanded from them as well.  After that he drifted away and has not been seen much since.  

As Darryl stated even when he was active it was hit and miss.  

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 27 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 28 '18
he still marketing they brand on youtube i think they not want remove him because good SEO same as dave do and some others here. that is high value for oxwall when people put video on youtube about they brand. I fully understand that. if someone marketing my brand on youtube or ona a website i would thinking two or three times before remove them. BUT you need include all unhappy buyers that are leaving oxwall and that number maybe get higher in the end. 
Quote from Admiraliteit Imedia

We had that suspicion as well, fortunately we only bought one plugin from this developer.
But if this developer was so bad, why does it still get the opportunity to sell plugins.?
Should these plugins not be taken over by Oxwall itself, or should they be removed from the store.?

With regards,
Admiraliteit Imedia

JB TECH
JB TECH Jul 28 '18

I've had a rocky history (more so on the dev side) with OW Accessories myself back a good few years ago.

It seems like they're one of the select group of developers who simply stopped updating all together with no reasons or any memo as to why.

Pro tip: If you're going to stop supporting your work on a platform/community all together, it's wise to at least pass the notion you are doing so publicly, and not just leave and let "possible" purchases slip to you by leaving your unsupported items up.

dave Leader
dave Jul 28 '18

Quote from Admiraliteit Imedia

But if this developer was so bad, why does it still get the opportunity to sell plugins.?

The answer is not an easy one but ill try to explain.  First, currently there is no store sheriff as the team has for the most part disbanded (as far as we know).   

Even when the team was active the most you could do was report the plugin to the moderation team at moderation_team@oxwall.com (if i remember the address correctly).   And even then it would take time if there was any action at all.   Or give it a bad review.

The main reason i believe has to do with legal biteback if they should take something down or take any aggressive action at all.   Also the team was not able to effectively moderate the store because they were a small team.

Now i have heard of plugins being taken down before but i do not know the special circumstances regarding such plugins so i could not even begin to explain why.  

Also the store has deteriorated so much over the last 5 years that it is a huge undertaking to be able to filter out good from bad and fix the current issues.   Probably one of the best things Oxwall can do is to take down the store and start over.  But this would upset users who are already upset over some other challenges and i dont believe Oxwall would do this.  

Bottom line there is no easy answer, but it will take a staff dedicated just to store moderation to make it work for all involved going forward.

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 28 '18
David
David Jul 29 '18
If you take down the store... that would leave us with no access to the hundreds of plugins and themes we've already purchased. 
dave Leader
dave Jul 29 '18

Quote from David If you take down the store... that would leave us with no access to the hundreds of plugins and themes we've already purchased. 
Yes i know bud, that was a worse case scenario, that will never happen.  :)
macallister
macallister Sep 3 '23
United Plastics is a plastic drinkware manufacturer and supplier that has been producing the plastic drinkwares and barwares for more than 10 years. And we are specialized in making kinds of plastic drinkware products. We provide plastic Tumbler Cups, water bottles in bulk and more type products. Water Bottles in Bulk
GlassRepairsinTacoma
I did experience checking articles or reviews shared here. They are simply exceptional there are a large amount of advantageous knowledge.Texas fake drivers license
GlassRepairsinTacoma
HomeworkMarket is a leading and the best homework help service provider for students Customized to offer homework help to US students Get assignment help now. https://deepsouthmag.com/2014/09/04/fall-2014-movie-preview/
GlassRepairsinTacoma
I did experience checking articles or reviews shared here. They are simply exceptional there are a large amount of advantageous knowledge.Link Login Kompas138
GlassRepairsinTacoma
Terrific put up, attended on top not to mention saved your web sites. I just can’t hang around to study further because of most people.promot business
macallister
macallister Sep 19 '23
My spouse and i shocked while using investigation anyone created to choose this certain release outstanding. Amazing task! chrome heart
macallister
macallister Sep 20 '23
I might point out in which it is a a fantastic submit of your fantastic particular person, now i'm pleased to notice this kind of. ablinoxprecision.com
GlassRepairsinTacoma
I did so take pleasure in studying posts published on this web site. They may be remarkable and contains plenty of beneficial details.goodpoints24
macallister
macallister Sep 27 '23
Great Publish, I'm a large believer within publishing remarks upon websites in order to allow weblog authors realize that they’ve additional some thing beneficial in order to the internet! corteiz jacket
GlassRepairsinTacoma
I am truly pleased to discover this website as well as do appreciate reading through helpful content articles submitted right here. The actual suggestions from the writer had been amazing, many thanks for that reveal.chrome hearts store