We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Application setup failed. Please check your App ID and Application Secret. - Facebook Connect | Forum

Dave
Dave Jul 30 '18

New installation of 10815 appears to fail, is anyone else having this issue still?

"Application setup failed. Please check your App ID and Application Secret."

Client login error

"Seems there are some problems with connection to Facebook. Please, try again later."

The Forum post is edited by Dave Jul 31 '18
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jul 31 '18
Me to!

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/62024

I have given up these social plugins as they change the way things are configured and their development pages go more and less into a kind of chaos like state. The problem is also that developers of such social plugin "those who are still developing them"! have not updated info about how to set up, make them work. Often the explanations are too messy and hard to understand.

Missing descriptions or messy explanations, contributes to many requests for technical assistance. Therefore, each had an advantage not only for users but for developers of plugins, that they made more work on developing better descriptions. Why in the world do they not make howto movies of each plugin? where they show how to do it.

Just take my example, "how to install Linux Xubuntu" where I use movies on all descriptions on how to do things right. Copy this idea to plugin descriptions.

http://howtos.ketilsnettverk.org/xubuntu/

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Jul 31 '18
Marek
Marek Aug 1 '18
A new app doesn't work. "Application setup failed." and I can't save. I can enter old app id/secret, but it doesn't work and users can't log in with FB. 

David
David Aug 7 '18
Same issue here... and just about every Oxwall admin that I know has the same issue
Quote from Marek A new app doesn't work. "Application setup failed." and I can't save. I can enter old app id/secret, but it doesn't work and users can't log in with FB. 

David
David Aug 12 '18
Any resolution to this issue?   Or shall we shelve this plugin once and for all?
David
David Aug 13 '18
It shouldn't be a "Featured Plugin" in the store if the thing isn't working for anyone. SMH.
Sprintally®
Sprintally® Aug 13 '18
I have the same issue. the plugin needs to be fixed ASAP

The Forum post is edited by Sprintally® Aug 13 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 13 '18

8 minutes agoI was remove my plugin, this is second time i remove this plugin and i very happy to not use it anymore. I told in another topic this plugin have no future because facebook changes rules all the time and you never know when they stop work with third part software like oxwall or skadate.

So now i will not install this plugin again i promise my self that....in the end i will win when facebook changes rules next time let say in 2 or 3 years or maybe 5

1. the developer that upgrade this plugin is not stabel and give a shit to talk with us

2. facebook is not stabel with they own rules

3. fake accounts from facebook join my site everyday with fake email adress = dead profiles

4. the connection to facebook slows down you site. look gtmetrix if not belive me

5. it allows 5% finished profiles join your website and take up you database as garbage profiles

6. it allows profiles from facebook with no avatars or naked avatars or avatars that is not a profile picture, you need sort this bad avatars out all the time because they already approved by this plugin

Bye bye facebook connect.........

You do not have permission to reply this topic