We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

copyright removal | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Christopher
Christopher Oct 15 '12
Hello, I was wondering how do i un install the oxwell software button that is located on the bottom of my website? How do i get rid of that button please I have read the blog post on oxwall saying that they do not wish for us to remove it but we can if we want too... I was just wondering how do i remove it please
Although we reserve the right to let somebody rightfully remove the required reference, the reasoning shouldn’t sound like “hi, I want to remove your link because… I don’t like it there”.
it says that in BLOG , so would some one tell me how to remove the copyright branding please
The Forum post is edited by Christopher Oct 15 '12
Alia Team
Alia Oct 16 '12
Christopher, why would you like to remove the reference?
Christopher
Christopher Oct 16 '12
Because me and a friend would like to remove it because it looks a mess at the bottom..   and we was going too make a little banner sort of thing and advertise oxwall that way instead of the button at bottom ..
Christopher
Christopher Oct 16 '12
Please tell me how to remove it
Christopher
Christopher Oct 16 '12
Pete that says you carnt remove it but in the blog it says we can Although we reserve the right to let somebody rightfully remove the required reference  , SO i would like it removed :) that is why i opened this topic
Alia Team
Alia Oct 16 '12
Although we reserve the right to let somebody rightfully remove the required reference, your argument is not reasonable. Reference to Oxwall is one of a few ways to promote our software and we would appreciate if you don't remove it.
Abbey
Abbey Oct 16 '12
Reading the thread he's actually asking how to change the link image to something else that is more pleasing to the eye and suited to their theme, not totally remove the link to oxwall?
Alia Team
Alia Oct 16 '12
Yes, I have got this part as well, but according to our license it is required that references are kept as specified here http://www.oxwall.org/attribution
Christopher
Christopher Oct 16 '12
carnt i just remove the link thing at bottom and add a picture with a link that takes them to this website it will look better
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I feel his request is reasonable. He is not going to run his site without the required attribution. He says that he is going to have the attribution in a better way.. Good for Oxwall!! :)
Christopher
Christopher Oct 16 '12
Thank you  :)
Alia Team
Alia Oct 17 '12
I understand, but for now attribution should meet the requirements ( in terms of design ) specified at http://www.oxwall.org/attribution 
Tom
Tom Oct 17 '12
Aliia - I agree with this decision and think it's a reasonable and fair policy.
The Forum post is edited by Tom Oct 17 '12
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Aliia I understand, but for now attribution should meet the requirements ( in terms of design ) specified at http://www.oxwall.org/attribution 

I feel that this policy should be changed. Attribution is not going to be removed.. but enhanced...
Christopher
Christopher Oct 17 '12
I dont agree with the attribution those should be changed i agree with Purusothaman
Alia Team
Alia Oct 17 '12
We will think of this. But for now, exception can not be granted. Christopher, please keep the original Oxwall attribution.
Joseph
Joseph Oct 18 '12
you guys get an awful lot of requests why not simply grant them honestly look at a opportunity you are passing up many of us would pay several hundred dollars just to remove it and your company would make the money to grow and expand
Christopher
Christopher Oct 18 '12
Aliia what about if i do remove it?