We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

manually install plugins | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
ro ho
ro ho Jan 27 '11
Is there a way to do this? I'm able to install the oxwall script on my site, but due to my hosting company not supporting php zip I canot install any plugins. is there any way for me to manually install each plugin?
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 27 '11
I havent tried it yet but if you get the plugin extracted to your pc then ftp the plugins up to pw_plugins (the complete extracted folder) it MAY appear int he available plugins bit of the admin panel.

I haven't tried this yet but it seems logical.
ro ho
ro ho Jan 27 '11
I tried doing that. for example, i tried doing it with the birthday plugin. the only things that are zipped in each plugin folder seems to be the language files. so i unzipped the langs.zip folder, and i copied and pasted the files in that folder into the ow_plugins folder for birthdays. i then went to the admin panel and tried to install the birthday plugin, and i got this error:

htdocs/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/language_service.php
The Forum post is edited by ro ho Jan 27 '11
ro ho
ro ho Jan 29 '11
can anyone help? from looking at the plugins, the only files that are zip are in the language folder. could someone tell me where to manually place these files when i upload to my server? if i could just unzip them on my computer, and then load them to the correct file path, then maybe that would work. any suggestions?
Den Team
Den Jan 31 '11
@ro ho
Sorry, but I strongly recommend you to change your host provider, if it doesn't compatible with server requirements. Language dump must be present as zip archive only.
The Forum post is edited by Den Jan 31 '11