We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Add to home screen - OF Counter | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 16 '18
I see a lot of sites have this now  a little popup apears on the bottom of the screen when you visit a site with a android device 

Add to home screen 
It make a app like shortcut that has push notifications  and opens like an app 

Sean
Sean Aug 16 '18
I wasn't aware. I will look into adding it.
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 16 '18
I dont know if can be added to your plugin but would be cool if it can be 

https://developer.chrome.com/multidevice/android/installtohomescreen

Clem Fandango
Clem Fandango Jun 22 '19
Any news on whether or not this was implemented?
Sean
Sean Jun 24 '19
No, it is not possible to implement at the moment. You cannot have two service workers running for the same site at the same time, once there is a solution I will look into adding it.

Thanks.

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jun 25 '19
Thanks Sean for the update...Any updated on Safari Notifications...so far the android / chrome Push Notifications works wonders :) It would be nice to have it work for safari as well
Sean
Sean Jun 25 '19
Apple iOS does not web push notifications, this is not an issue with the plugin, it's just not supported.

Safari will show notifications on Mac OS if you have configured your onesignal account correctly.

Thank you.

The Forum post is edited by Sean Jun 25 '19
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jun 27 '19
Hi Sean, didn't say there was an issue.....sorry for the misunderstanding. I mean i wanted to know if iOS was supporting psh, but you answered my question.

Thanks 

AppXprt
AppXprt Oct 14 '19
This is called a progressive web app. I have PWA plugins that do this with superior push notifications.
The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Oct 14 '19
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic