We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

OxFest and OxPWA Questions and Answers | Forum

AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 22 '18
OxFest, OxPWA Lite and OxPWA Basic are in the plugin store now. 

OxPWA Advanced and Pro will be available in the next few days.

I would like to thank OW-Ghost for the idea and Dave for the immense amount of help and support I received to make this a reality so quickly!

Dave is an amazing individual with great knowledge while remaining extremely kind and patient!I know you're retired, but I hope to work with you much more in the future on making our Oxwall dreams come true!

Now, I've received some questions regarding the plugins so I want to address them here and give a quick breakdown.

First though, if you want to be in the Apple or Google Play Store, please contact me directly.

I may be providing a plugin for this in the future, but I can get you in the App Stores in less than 3 days in most cases!

OxFest is the first plugin and it allows you to create a W3C Manifest. This one doesn't create a Progressive Web App for you but gets you to 73% of a PWA. It is mainly for Hybrid App development and for assisting in your own PWA solution.

For PWA Versions:
All PWA Versions create a functional Progressive Web App that allows Users to Install from Web. This works for Mobile (Android, Apple, Windows) and Desktop Oxwall Installations. This however does not get you in ANY of the App Stores. I will build you a custom Hybrid Cordova App in a day if that is the solution you're after!

OxFest: Creating W3C Manifests

OxPWA Lite: Creating Lite Progressive Web Apps.

The does no caching, but includes a simple offline.html page for when the user is offline.

OxPWA Basic: Creating Basic Cached Progressive Web Apps.

This does basic caching and also includes the simple offline.html page

OxPWA Advanced: Creating Advanced Cached Progressive Web Apps.

This does advanced caching, includes an better offline.html page and more advanced features / options like switching service worker caching scheme.

OxPWA Pro: Creating Advanced Cached Progressive Web Apps for Pro Users.

The pro version is for the Pro Users who want more control over their PWA.Includes all features of previous versions, but with more features, options and control.

Allows for selecting specific Service Worker.

Allows for selecting specific Caching Scheme.

Allows for Customization.
Push Notifications

I'm not entirely sure yet if this works with other Caching plugins, but I believe it should as these other plugins mostly provide Server Side Caching where as the OxPWA plugins provide User Side Caching. They should work together and provide a smoother user experience in general, but would need to be tested further to confirm.

You can test this out to see if it works at my site:
https://dating.vixiv.net

I will be working on support and bugs tonight and tomorrow along with releasing the next two plugins.
There are certain issues I've identified regarding caching of Google Adsense Ads. Honestly, that is to be expected because of the randomly riddled errors in the JS Ads coming from Adwords.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Aug 30 '18
Outperformer 3000
Outperformer 3000 Aug 22 '18

Interesting project. Good luck with sales!

Hope, it would be possible, that apps can generate push-notifications themselves.

AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 22 '18
The Advanced and Pro version will offer notification support, but if you already have it working I will have an option to disable notifications. Lite and Basic don't offer it, but again if you already have it working, it won't break your current solution.
Outperformer 3000

Quote from ViXiV Technologies ... but again if you already have it working, it won't break your current solution ...
I don't understand? You mean if I already have an oxwall app with that feature?
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 22 '18
Yeah if you already have notifications working with another plugin, it should still work just fine. I will be available all day tomorrow for support and testing.
The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Aug 22 '18
Outperformer 3000

There is no plugin, who has notification feature for app. Only in browser.

Your solution can give notification on smartphone, if you receive a message for example?

dave Leader
dave Aug 22 '18
Thank you for the kind words. Good to have you with us and im glad to help.  I am sure once you get your feet wet a bit more youll be able to teach us all stuff.  I have high confidence in you.  

I have requested this topic be moved to the general chat or store category.  :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 22 '18
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 22 '18
OxPWA Advanced and Pro will offer Push Notifications, but since I haven't gotten to this part of the code yet it is unclear how much integration is needed. I will be working on these two plugins Friday and over the weekend.
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 23 '18
Here is what the PWA Suite essentially accomplishes..

See Images Attached.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Aug 23 '18
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Aug 23 '18
Topic was moved from General Questions.
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 23 '18
Any wanting to see this in action on a live OxWall Installation, check out on a mobile device: https://dating.vixiv.net
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 23 '18
push notification support working? have a sceen shot?
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 23 '18
Not yet, been moving stuff for two day but coding tonight and all day tomorrow!
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 23 '18
Lord... My girlfriend and I are exhausted, might just be coding all day tomorrow...
dave Leader
dave Aug 23 '18
no girlfriend or special activities until the work is done.... lmao  :)  
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 23 '18
LMAO
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 27 '18
Oh Boy, do I have surprise for you all...

I have a feeling everyone is going to like this one!

Screenshots in a moment...

dave Leader
dave Aug 27 '18
Dont tell me, you bought a monkey lol... 
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 27 '18
How'd you guess?!?!?!