We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall Software Crash | Forum

Eric Pickering
Eric Pickering Aug 22 '18
For the past few months my site had been experiencing a surge in daily clicks causing major issues on the site and resource limits being reached to quell this we decided to upgrade our plan with Fast Comet, however upon doing so our software proceeded to crash and we have been down for over a month. We've tried speaking with our provider about the issue but they have referred us to come here to try and fix the issue. I have tried providing and image on the issue but my phone does not want to cooperate and as such the web address has neen provided below. Our only other option at this point would be to do a hard reset and our users would lose everything. Please let us know how we can fix this if it even is possible to fix. Thank you.

dave Leader
dave Aug 22 '18
 Hi, sorry you are having issues. 

Have you seen this https://www.fastcomet.com/tutorials/oxwall

I personally have never used cloud for oxwall but as i understand it, there is alittle different configuration required, someone correct me if i am wrong please. 

Please let us know if there are any errors at all in your error log.

Also the error when you try to access the site means your table is missing from the database 

ow_notifications_notification

you need to put this table back in your DB, you can find the structure of the table in the install folder of oxwall. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 22 '18
Eric Pickering
Yes, we have done everything we can with Fast Comet. Our coding group has also tried to fix the issue following the steps. Thus they refered us to seek support from Oxwall. 
dave Leader
dave Aug 22 '18
i updated my reply above, sorry i had a phonecall 

put that table back and then see what happens

dave Leader
dave Aug 22 '18
go to phpmyadmin and run this query, be sure you paste this code in notepad first and then copy it again and paste it into phpmyadmin query

CREATE TABLE `ow_notifications_notification` (  `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,  `entityType` varchar(255) NOT NULL,  `entityId` varchar(64) NOT NULL,  `action` varchar(255) NOT NULL,  `userId` int(11) NOT NULL,  `pluginKey` varchar(255) NOT NULL,  `timeStamp` int(11) NOT NULL,  `viewed` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',  `sent` tinyint(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',  `active` tinyint(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',  `data` text,  PRIMARY KEY (`id`),  UNIQUE KEY `entityType` (`entityType`,`entityId`,`userId`),  KEY `timeStamp` (`timeStamp`),  KEY `userId` (`userId`)) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=25 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 22 '18
Eric Pickering
Thank you so much for the information. I have sent a screen shot to our coding team. I will have them contact Fast Comet to have the issue resolved. I really hope this works. I will update the topic to report on if it does or does not.
dave Leader
dave Aug 22 '18
you are welcome, keep us posted :)
Eric Pickering
Eric Pickering Oct 16 '18
For the most part we seem to have gotten the issue resolved. Thank you for all the help.