We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

parsererror when sending anything [Answered] | Forum

bobby
bobby Oct 16 '12
http://social.mwemonacomfg.com/

any one please look at it tell me what you think
The Forum post is edited by Alia Jan 20 '14
bobby
bobby Oct 16 '12

Platform update request Are you sure you want to update platform from version 1.2.4 to 1.4.1?when i hit yes i get Error downloading platform update

Plugin update request

Are you sure you want to update 'Newsfeed' plugin from version 4189 to 5078? when i hit yes i get admin+plugin_update_download_error
bobby
bobby Oct 16 '12
i got 1.4.1 to work some what manual install that how to get my plugins to install ftp manual is this wrong i dont know why i keep geting parsererror every time i sign in or send something it sends or signs  in if i reload page why would this happen i now have 1.4.1 update and thanks for the tips here is my site name http://social.mwemonacomfg.com
JB TECH
JB TECH Oct 16 '12
This is usually cause by an external Javascript file in your site source. Added anything recently?
JB TECH
JB TECH Oct 16 '12
I went to your site and found your problem. Attracta does NOT work with oxwall. Please contact your hosting and tell them to remove / reset Attracta on your account. Plus, go into your source, then go to the www folder, find .fastincludes and delete it. This should fix your problem.
bobby
bobby Oct 18 '12
thank you very much Jake that worked    thanks a bunch
bobby
bobby Oct 18 '12
why would i get (Invalid or empty update pack archive) when trying to update a plugin

Plugin updates available: 11. View cant up date none
JB TECH
JB TECH Oct 18 '12
First, your welcome. Second, what version of Oxwall is it? And, did you remove anything else when I deleted the .fastinclude file?
bobby
bobby Oct 23 '12
Plugin updates available: 14. View cant up date none

Invalid or empty update pack archive
Alia Team
Alia Oct 25 '12
Bobby, which plugin are you trying to update when you get this error?
bobby
bobby Oct 26 '12
Plugin updates available: 14. View
when i click on view takes me here

Plugin updates available: 14. View

Manage Plugins

Active Plugins

Newsfeed Newsfeed with likes and comments, Facebook-style
Mailbox User mailbox for private messages
Friends Friending functionality to be used across multiple features
Activity notifications Real-time and email notifications about site activity
Blogs User blogs with archives, tags, comments and rates
Groups Simple groups within one site
Links Web links sharing, Digg-style
Photo Allow users to upload photos with tags, rates, and comments
Video Allow users to embed videos with comments, rates, and tags
Forum Simple discussion boards for users
Events Create public and private events within your community, let people RSVP and discuss
Instant Chat Real-time chat for friends, ajax-based
Privacy Privacy settings for users to manage who sees their profiles and content.
Who Viewed Me by Oxwall CandyStore Displays guests visited user profile
Family and Friends Lets users list friends on their profile with a connection: wife, husband, Best Friend, Nemesis and more, This plugin requires the FREE Permission Plugin API plugin to work, must be installed and active before installing this one
Permission Plugin API This plugin provides developers a way to easy setup permissions they would like a oxwall admin to control, such as "Can Use", "Can Edit", "Can List" and whatever permissions they wish to setup, both TRUE/FALSE and VALUE permissions can be setup. for oxwall admins it gives them alot more control over plugins and what users can do with plugins. based on "Roles" and with over-riding user level control. so if a plugin lets you list 5 photos, you could set a "ROLE" to have a limit of 5 but give someone in that role a limit of "10" or "0". New Version Support user based role timit limits, Letting to set permissions for a direct user for a limited time such as 7 days, utpo 365 days.
Hot Or Not Allow users rate photos at one place! (Plugin "Photo" is required)
Oxwall Art FAQ Light and easy to use plugin that will help you to build and manage the FAQ section on your site
Virtual Gifts Allow users to send private and public virtual gifts
Birthdays The list of upcoming birthdays for site users + widgets for index, dashboard and profiles
Contact Us "Contact us" page with the ability to choose departments (email addresses)
User Credits Allow users to earn, purchase and spend user credits
Google Analytics Track your site visitor statistics with Google Analytics
PayPal Billing Accept payments from users with PayPal payment provider
Pimp My Profile Let's a user customise their profile, Add background image, edit colours, font size, family and colour
Contact Importer Import Facebook, Google contacts
External Linker Keep your members on your site and increase your viewership by opening all external website links in a new window
Shop Pro Profesional Shop, sell your products easily ...
Anti Virus Anti Virus (PHP Based) Note: this program works stand alone without the need of a external anti virus program. This program will scan and detect 213 Know PHP/JS/IFRAME virus/malware ect. The scanner will run once a day via the CRON job and each day will scan a base directory and its sub folders And files (such as ow_includes/*) from settings you can turn ON/OFF cron scanner. All scans are recorded via the LOG. right now this program will only DETECT and ALERT to know viruses! A massive thank you to Purusothaman for helping with ideas and a sounding board for the project!!
RSS Auto Feeder for Groups Auto publich content from RSS feeds to Groups. Options to post either on Group Newsfeed or Group Wall. Either Admin or Groups creator or both can add RSS feeds.
Sitemap Generator Sitemap Generator plugin with features like auto sitemap generation, Gzip compression, multi-sitemap files processing and auto ping search engines. Admin can customize Frequency and Priority of URLs.
Image Slideshow by Oxwall CandyStore Simple image slideshow
bobby
bobby Oct 26 '12

Plugin update request

Are you sure you want to update 'Instant Chat' plugin from version 4067 to 5134? i say yes
the i get this...Invalid or empty update pack archive
JB TECH
JB TECH Oct 27 '12
Try uninstalling them all, then reinstalling and see if the update goes through right
bobby
bobby Oct 27 '12
i tried updating news feed and got this

Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'ON_USER_BLOCK' in /home/monacowe/public_html/social/ow_plugins/newsfeed/init.php on line 73

how to fix

h
Alia Team
Alia Oct 29 '12
Bobby, did you update core first? 
Usually this kind of error appear when you try updating plug ins, without updating core first.
Den Team
Den Oct 30 '12
Topic was moved from General Questions.
bobby
bobby Oct 30 '12
yes Aliia i think so right

Platform version 1.4.1 (build 5230)

please i do not want to uninstall then install all my plugins again that needs updates all the time

Alia Team
Alia Nov 1 '12
Bobby, can you PM me access to your admin panel and server?
bobby
bobby Nov 8 '12
fixed
Alia Team
Alia Nov 12 '12
Bobby, do you mind sharing how you have fixed the issue?
Pages: 1 2 »