We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Project Feedback - package name | Forum

dave Leader
dave Aug 25 '18
As you all may or may not know sometimes in the software market new releases have both a version number and a name. 

What i mean is that a new release may have Version 2 Build 45 or Version 3.26.5  but a version or a project as a hole can also have project name. 

This means that for example Version 2.48.6 (or the whole project itself)  might also been known by a alpha name such as rhino.   

I know of several scripts in which the staff will ask what version do you have and you can just say rhino if its a whole package series or you can say i have rhino Version 1.2.36 if its a standard package.

So you might have a script called BestScript but as a sub it can also go by a name like  BestScript Rhino Series Version 5.9

Software companies may do this because they may offer some templates with some but not with others, or some plugins with some but not with others. 

So what i am asking is for some ideas that would been good names for this purpose.  So basically just ask yourself what word would you use to fill this blank 

I have the ______ version. 

Rhino

Cobra

Solar

Voluminous

Gator

Next

Copperhead

Responsive

Resolute

Wall-to-Wall

Noxus

Any more ideas would be great thanks. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 25 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 26 '18
It depends what the project is about ?? What will the software or script do ??
dave Leader
dave Aug 26 '18
Not really, i mean it should be pretty generic and be able to describe almost any project.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 26 '18
okey...i curious what project you going to open, more then what name you will give it :P
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 26 '18
dave Leader
dave Aug 26 '18
lol if i asked you to name a car could you name it without knowing what it did?
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 26 '18
Next or Nexus...
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 26 '18
Oxwall Nexus is Sexy LoL
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 26 '18
Lol....secret dave ;)
dave Leader
dave Aug 26 '18
I got no secrets and you cant make me talk :) 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 27 '18
haha...just joking with you :)
texttovideo
texttovideo May 17 '23
We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. baopackmachinery.com