We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall on mobile = very bad alternative | Forum

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Sep 20 '18

There are no serious oxwall support / plugins for mobile today.I've purchased a lot of both themes and plugins, but none of these are especially useful on mobile phones, just basically just messing up. That's why I've given up this platform "mobile" Works on tablet, laptop and desktop computers, but on mobile it's totally chaos, totally useless.

I am announcing from now on my networks:

Welcome to our new site! Feel free to participate in our community! PS: Our network is very rich in content and is therefore not mobile-friendly. Works best on laptop, desktop PC or tablet. We have no plans today to provide support for mobile use.

https://www.ketilsnettverk.org/index

https://ketilsnettverk.org/groups-forums/index

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Sep 20 '18
AppXprt
AppXprt Sep 20 '18
Honestly, Oxwall and OWEngine look pretty good on mobile. Everything resizes according and presents a very responsive design already.

All that needs to be done is extending the mobile plugin code.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Sep 20 '18
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Sep 20 '18
Yes without any extra plugin, I also know that both work well in mobile. But that's not all my point, is it? Have you really tried my links on a mobile phone, then you definitely understand how useless this is.

""All that needs to be done is extending the mobile plugin code.""

And who is going to develop this?

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Sep 20 '18
JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 20 '18
Whenever I try to use "Mobile Version" on your website on my phone, it doesn't go to it. Do you have it deactivated? Oxwall's native mobile (and I mean mobile, not responsive themes) works for what it is and works fine on all phones I've used it with. The only thing about it is the lack of support from the authors and community.
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Sep 21 '18
(and I mean mobile, not responsive themes) Yes i have try that, but the orginal mobile can not support many off my plugin. And the responsive themes not support all! Certainly because of plugins, but I have to use these plugins on my pages, so mobile will be mobile, just for others.
AppXprt
AppXprt Sep 21 '18
I have a lot of experience with mobile/responsive design and have some custom code that would help everyone with this for resizing images and elements according to screen size. I guess it may be me updating the mobile version plugin along with some security issues as soon as this last bug is out of this last plugin I'm working on. 
The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Sep 21 '18
AppXprt
AppXprt Sep 25 '18
LoL
That's the best spam I've ever seen
The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Sep 25 '18
Osborn Tyler
Osborn Tyler Mar 24
Ordered free iPad mockups in the highest quality and was pleasantly surprised by their quality and realism. The https://www.ls.graphics/mockups/free-ipad-mockups mockups were created with every detail in mind, from the texture of the case to the icons on the screen. This is a great tool for designers developing iPad apps or websites, as they can use these mockups to create presentations or demos of their designs.