We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Compulsory Profile-picture on registration | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Linda
Linda Oct 21 '12
Hi,

Is there a plugin that would allow me to add a question to the user registration which would force them to upload a profile picture before they could become a member?

I've had a lot of spam on my site, and I think this would help to figure out who are legitimate users and who are self-promoters.

Thanks,

Linda

Den Team
Den Oct 21 '12
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.
Alia Team
Alia Oct 21 '12
Hi Linda, we have this feature.
It is located in admin panel>>settings>>user settings>>"General" tab>> scroll down to "Registration" block>> find "Avatar upload" field>>select "display and set required" from the drop down menu.
Tom
Tom Oct 29 '12
Aliia,

I'm having trouble with this setting.  I had this originally set to "display and set required".  I then recently changed it to just "display", but it is still requiring new users to set an Avatar when they register.  Is there a way to make this setting work as expected?

Thanks,

Tom
Alia Team
Alia Oct 29 '12
Tom, we are aware of this bug. It will be fixed in one of the upcoming updates.
Tom
Tom Oct 30 '12
Thanks!
Mike
Mike Nov 10 '12
Any ETA on this? It's having a serious effect on our user signups. Thanks.
bob daubney
bob daubney Nov 11 '12
I am Going Back to 1.3.1
Alia Team
Alia Nov 12 '12
Mike, this issue will be fixed in the upcoming build. I can not give the exact release date, but it will come very soon )).
Mike
Mike Nov 13 '12
Understood but is it days, weeks or months? I too need to decide whether or not to roll back as this is a pretty serious bug and is effecting signups. Is it possible to request or pay for a patch to fix this?

Thanks.

Alia Team
Alia Nov 14 '12
Mike, we have already started internal testing of 1.5. I would say that here we are talking about weeks and not months before the release.