We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't add Friends | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Jan 31 '11
Hello, I have upgraded to the latest version 1.03, I have added the Friends plugin and all others except the paid membership. I was able to add friends, add comments, send email and post on wall, before I upgraded. i did not add any plugins until after I upgraded to 1.03. Please help me get these all working. Thanks Gail
P.S. If i have upgraded using auto upgrade, I should not have to separately upgrade plugins right, any changes should already be added to the new version??
email: toca.desk@gmail.com
http://thompsonokanaganfriendsfast.com
Den Team
Den Jan 31 '11
Hi!
Would you PM your admin details? Our dev guys will check your site.
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Feb 1 '11
OK......login: toca.desk@gmail.com, Password: toff88**
Did you put the .com??
The Forum post is edited by Lea Gail Parkhurst Feb 2 '11
Oxwall Fan
Oxwall Fan Feb 1 '11
Hi,

I am also having this problem after upgrading. The add friend button has disappeared, but it also appears that moderators are unable to approve new profiles.
Den Team
Den Feb 1 '11
@Lea Gail Parkhurst
Login doesn't work :(
Oxwall Fan
Oxwall Fan Feb 2 '11
I was able to resolve this problem by downloading the newest version of the Friends Plugin from the Oxwall store, then manually extracting and uploading the updated version to my site.
1) Download http://storage.oxwall.org/download-item/?fileId=174
2) Extract the file somewhere on your desktop (it contains a folder called 'friends')
3) Using FTP software log in to your site and upload the friends directory to sitehere/ow_plugins and overwrite all files
4) As soon as you have done this the Add to Friends link will reappear. You will also need to log in to your admin panel and click the 'Update DB' button.
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Feb 2 '11
Oh here it is, did you put the .com after gmail??
toca.desk@gmail.com
then Password: toff88**
Den Team
Den Feb 3 '11
@Oxwall Fan
Do you have your cronjob setup correctly? If no, you will no get any automatic updates for plugins and core from our store. We release updates constantly. And I strongly recommend you to setup your cronjob correctly.
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Feb 4 '11
Yes my cron job is set up correctly...I will attach the file here....
Gail
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Feb 4 '11
O.S. I have been getting automatic updates, and new plugins and have added them
Den Team
Den Feb 7 '11
If you still doesn't have "Add friend" button, then PM me please your admin and FTP details. Our dev team will check it.
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Feb 7 '11
Here it is and the "Add Friend", Comments boxes, Wall comments, Email's non of these are working?
Thanks Gail
The Forum post is edited by Den Feb 14 '11
Den Team
Den Feb 8 '11
Can't access FTP with your details :(
In any way, it seems that you have the same issue as here
Fill in developer key for friends plugins and wait until you will see update request in admin area (cronjob must be setup correctly). Then just update Friends plugins and enjoy :)
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Feb 11 '11
By putting my login detials on this forum is everyone able to access them??? There should be a hide button or an email address provided to offer better security when getting support help?
Gail
Den Team
Den Feb 14 '11
Hi Lea.
I removed your reply with you login details cos it see everybody :) That's why I asked you to send me PM (Private message) with your details.
I wasn't able to login your CPanel with your details. Please, check it again and send me your working admin and CPanel login details
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Feb 14 '11
I'm sorry I don't know how to send you a Private message??
I don't see any link that says private, or private response, or click here for private messaging?? on this forum anyway?? is that where I send private message from? Otherwise do not have your email address or know where to find it. Every support email I have sent oxwell, no one has ever answered my emails?? Sorry for being so dense, but need good insturctions....thanks Gail
Lea Gail Parkhurst
Lea Gail Parkhurst Feb 14 '11
Please try the login details that I sent again.....they should work ?/I just tested them and got in.
Thanks Gail
Den Team
Den Feb 15 '11
@Lea
You can send me PM from user' page (http://www.oxwall.org/users/Adden)
Send me your details in PM and our dev team will check your site :)