We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

use oxwall again? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Bianca
Bianca Dec 5 '18
Hi friends,

I used to use oxwall for my community site in 2013, it worked great then but sircomstances made me stop with the site all together.

Now i want to get back at it and i see that there hasnt been a new version since 2016, is oxwall still great to use? Or is nobody working on it anymore?

I rather not go with wordpress because i really liked oxwall.

Is it still active, is the market still active? are new plugins still being developped? and can i still use the video plugin from skalfa for video chat?

Thanks in advance :)

AppXprt
AppXprt Dec 5 '18
Oxwall is still being developed slowly...

PHP 7 is taking over for PHP 5 Dec. 31st

So we believe Oxwall is preparing for a new release...

Last commit was 12 hours ago: https://github.com/...1ca86fd8be084303250f

There are some Plugin Developers that are still here including myself developing new plugins.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Dec 5 '18
AppXprt
AppXprt Dec 5 '18
For yours and everyone else's info, when plugins get updated they will show at the top of the Latest Plugins section.

Here are the most active developers:

ArtMedia

Dave (Partially Retired)

Ebenezer Obasi

Elly Dzilah

EWT Global Solutions 

Jake

JK

iDragon Solution Co. Ltd

Pustak Sadan

Senior Developer

Serget Pryadkin

Sumate

VipDev

and Myself although I mainly just create App Plugins (Progressive Web Apps / Hybrid Apps)

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Dec 7 '18
Bianca
Bianca Dec 6 '18
Thanks for the quick reply! It sounds a bit more promising than it looked :) I was hoping that the video chat plugin of skalffa would belong to the regular updates but ive already seen that people are complaining not getting replies.

Im going to have to have a little think about this, more info is always welcome :)

Onur
Onur Dec 26 '18
it doesnt coming a update since 3 years. i think developer of oxwall dont care about oxwall platform. 
Lissa Drana
Lissa Drana Jan 5 '19
I think Oxwall was out of date, it has not updated long time ago