We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Develop Your Own Android App ( for test ) | Forum

Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jan 2 '19
Topic was moved from General Chat.
AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 3 '19
Never used that, but this gives you a ready to build hosted hybrid web app base for you to work with to get in the app stores:
OxHybrid - Cordova Hosted Hybrid Web 2.0 Apps

Made from the same stable base as these Play Store Apps:

ViXiV Social
ViXiV Bandid

NYC Dating

I highly recommend Cordova, even over Phonegap / Ionic...

Some will say Cordova / Phonegap are the same and while that is true about the core and plugins; cordova builds a cleaner, smaller, more stable solution. 

The reason I like Hybrid Apps is that it allows extending Web Apps and Oxwall with their plugins (nodejs):

Cordova Plugins
PhoneGap Plugins

What is a Cordova plugin?

A plugin is a bit of add-on code that provides JavaScript interface to native components. 

They allow your app to use native device capabilities beyond what is available to pure web apps.

You can put a button in Oxwall that directly accesses the camera, video, microphone, location, storage in the App of any device.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Jan 3 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt Mar 3
Sorry, the information is still valid, but unfortunately the internet is not as set in stone as people might believe. It is an extremely dynamic creature that is constantly evolving.

I'll leave the links for context and also as an example of how fragmented, dynamic and unstable the internet is even for Google.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Mar 3