We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Increase attachment limit | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Oct 25 '12
Can anybody help me how to increase the attachment limit. When I send attachments to a user, after 5 attachments it says "Too many files uploaded". I want to increase this number of attachments. Thank you.
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Oct 27 '12
I need this help
Alia Team
Alia Oct 29 '12
Nirmalya, you can change this here: ow_plugins/mailbox/classes/add_message_form.php

Look for the following line of code: $multiUpload = new MultiFileField('attachments', 5);
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Oct 29 '12
But the error still shows. I changed 5 to 1000. Do I need to change anything else?
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Oct 29 '12
Please help...
Alia Team
Alia Oct 30 '12
Nirmalya,  you will also need to change this here (sorry that I didn't mention it earlier):

ow_plugins/mailbox/controllers/mailbox.php  

$list = $fileService->findUploadFileList($entityId);

if ( count($list) < 5 )
                {
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Oct 30 '12
Thank you.

It works.

Alia Team
Alia Oct 30 '12
Welcome
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 24 '12
Hello Aliia,

I have been encurring a problem regarding this topic.

Now, it happens like when any user click on the "attach" menu, it shows all 1000 attachments(that I increased to be attachment limit). Previously it showed only 5 attach files options and when I clicked on the last(5th) attach file option, then the sixth one(attach file) comes up.

But now the whole 1000 attach files comes up at once. So, i had to reduce it to 10 attachments. How can I change this so that only 5 attach files will be shown at first and when the user clicks on the 5th attach file, then the sixth one attach file option comes.

Visit my website attach see it.

Thank you.

Alia Team
Alia Nov 25 '12
Nirmalya, I have checked on my own installation and given instructions work correctly, I see only 1 field with "Attach" button. Using this single field I was able to upload 6 ( number I specified in mailbox.php and add_message_form.php files) files.

Seems like you did other changes to to the software and they have influenced modifications you have made in the mailbox plugin. You will need to check what changes you have made recently and roll them back.
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 26 '12
This still happens when I tried it on one of my other website. I meant this. Please refer to the photos.

I tried this on one of my other oxwall website with fresh install.

I have changed the attachment limit to "100". So 100 "Choose File" comes up in both of my websites.

Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 27 '12
Help !
Alia Team
Alia Nov 28 '12
Nirmalya, I know you mentioned this somewhere, but I can't find where. Which theme are you using?
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 28 '12
Graphitium
Alia Team
Alia Nov 29 '12
Nirmalya, try switching to one of our standard themes ( I tested with Rainy and Graphite) and check whether issue will still be there.