We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Privacy Problem | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Oct 27 '12
I am having this problem with Oxwall. Whenever I upload any photo or video, I cannot see it again. As long as the link is in the newsfeed, I can see it but after that I cannot see it when I go to the videos or photo section. I have set my privacy of photo and video to "My friends". But I cannot see my photos and videos. My website is http://www.goplugged.com. Any help will be highly solicited. 

Thank you.

Alia Team
Alia Oct 29 '12
Nirmalya, which version of Oxwall do you have? And did you do any changes in the code?

I've checked on my installation  ( latest one) and when I set "My friends" in my privacy settings for "my albums" I was able to see uploaded images in "latest" photos block. But on  your site they are not being displayed for some reason.
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Oct 29 '12
I have the latest version of oxwall. 1.4.1
Alia Team
Alia Oct 30 '12
Nirmalya, try reinstalling "Privacy" plug in.
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Oct 30 '12
I have tried that. But it does not work.
Victor Daniel Tremblay
I have a similar problem but with videos from Youtube URL's only.  Images works fine.  I have two installations without any additional plugins yet, videos work on one and not on the other (installations on seperate servers.
Alia Team
Alia Oct 31 '12
Nirmalya, Victor, can you send me your site URLS ( I know Nirmalya's already) and upload phpinfo.php to your servers, so that we can see your server settings?

Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Oct 31 '12
How can I do that?
Alia Team
Alia Nov 1 '12
You can find detailed instructions here: http://www.studiograsshopper.ch/.../how-to-use-phpinfo/
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 1 '12
I tried it but it gives 404 error......
Alia Team
Alia Nov 5 '12
Nirmalya, try modifying your .htaccess file by adding the following code there:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/phpinfo\.php

Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 5 '12
same result
Alia Team
Alia Nov 7 '12
Nirmalya, can you just send me content of your .htaccess file then?
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 7 '12

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

AddEncoding gzip .gz

AddEncoding gzip .gzip

<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">

ForceType text/javascript

</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">

ForceType text/css

</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} .*/http-bind

RewriteRule (.*) /http-bind [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

# compress text, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, and XML

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/plain

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/xml

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xml

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xhtml+xml

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/rss+xml

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript

# remove browser bugs

BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html

BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip

BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

Header append Vary User-Agent

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/phpinfo\.php

Rachel
Rachel Apr 28 '23

It sounds like there may be a configuration issue with your Oxwall installation. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

Check the Oxwall settings: Make sure that the settings for photo and video privacy are set up correctly. You can check this by going to the "Privacy" section of your account settings. Make sure that you have set your privacy settings to allow your friends to view your photos and videos.

Clear your browser cache: Sometimes, your browser's cache can interfere with the display of images and videos. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page to see if this resolves the issue.

Check for any plugins or themes that may be causing the issue: If you have recently installed a new plugin or theme, it's possible that this may be interfering with the display of your photos and videos. Try disabling any new plugins or themes to see if this resolves the issue.

Contact Oxwall support: If none of the above solutions work, you may want to reach out to Oxwall support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional guidance on how to resolve the issue with your video thumbnails.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez