We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

404 error page uploading files | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
mack
mack Feb 2 '11
hi

Can someone explain how I can change the permission to upload any file independently or another page to the directory where is located the social network?

For example i got my site :www.mysite.com/network/
but i need to upload independent files and other pages and I can not because I'm always redirected to a 404 page

what can i do to change this and allow to upload any other independent file? and not get the 404 error redirected

i need something like this www.mysite.com/network/files.php
when i try to do that i cant .

thanks
Den Team
Den Feb 3 '11
Hi
Oxwall catches all queries redirects it to index.php file. If you want to skip query to your uploaded file, add this exception in .htaccess file:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} .*/http-bind
RewriteRule (.*) /http-bind [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/your_uploaded_file.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$ [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) index.php
The Forum post is edited by Den Feb 3 '11
mack
mack Feb 5 '11
Yes !
Thank you brother Addenster ,,,Now is working perfect, now i can see my files uploaded
thank you very much for your support
Den Team
Den Feb 7 '11
You are welcome mack :)
Rachel
Rachel Aug 12 '22

Ways to Fix the 404 Not Found Error 

Retry the web page by pressing F5, clicking/tapping the refresh/reload button, or trying the URL from the address bar again.

The 404 Not Found error might appear for several reasons even though no real issue exists, so sometimes a simple refresh will often load the page you were looking for.

Check for errors in the URL. Often times this error appears because the URL was typed wrong or the link that was selected points to the wrong URL.

Move up one directory level at a time in the URL until you find something.

If you have moved all the way up to the website's home page, try to run a search for the information you're looking for. If the site doesn't have a search function, try navigating to the page you want using category links to dig deeper into the site.

Search for the page from a popular search engine. It's possible that you simply have the entirely wrong URL in which case a quick Google or Bing search should get you where you want to go.

If you do find the page you were after, update your bookmark or favorite to avoid the HTTP 404 error in the future.

Clear your browser's cache if you have any indication that the 404 message might just be yours. For example, if you can reach the URL from your phone but not from your tablet, clearing the cache on your tablet's browser might help.

You might also consider clearing your browser's cookies or at least the one(s) involved with the website in question if clearing the cache didn't work.

Change the DNS servers used by your computer, but usually only if an entire website is giving you a 404 error, especially if the website is available to those on other networks (e.g., your mobile phone network or a friend in another city).

404s on an entire website isn't particularly common unless your ISP or government filters/censors websites. No matter the reason, if it does happen, giving another set of DNS servers a try is a good step to take. See our Free and Public DNS Servers List for some alternatives and instructions on doing this.

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez