We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Server error '404 Not Found' on 'index' route | Forum

Marco Giaccaglini

Hello everybody, 

I am installing the Oxwall software and I have the following problem:

--> when requesting the 'index' main page I have the following error:

---------------------

404 Not Found

The requested URL /oxwall/index was not found on this server.

---------------------

You can test yourself at the following link: http://www.saintclubmilano.it/oxwall/index

The installation is fresh, just new, only base Oxwall, and is as follows:

Oxwall version: 1.8.4 (last official)

Directory of installation: /oxwall

Installation with: Softaculous 5.1.5

Server: Linux standard

PHP version: PHP5.6

Same server: WordPress 5.1.1   (installed in the root, http://www.saintclubmilano.it)

The values in the table 'ow_base_menu_item' for type 'main' routes are as follows (look correct):

idprefixkeydocumentKeytypeorderroutePathexternalUrlnewWindowvisibleFor

23basemain_menu_indexmain2base_indexNULLNULL3

41baseusers_main_menu_itemmain4usersNULLNULL3

211basebase_join_menu_itemmain3base_joinNULLNULL1

304basedashboardmain1base_member_dashboardNULLNULL2

500photophotomain5view_photo_listNULLNULL3

502videovideomain6video_list_indexNULLNULL3

To complete the picture, other pages give 404 'Not Found', here are the statistics:

1.      /oxwall/index4129.29%

2./oxwall/ow_static/plugins/admin/css/images/admin-pages-menu-main.jpg2618.57%

3./oxwall/ow_static/plugins/admin/css/images/admin-pages-menu-bottom.jpg2618.57%

4./oxwall/ow_static/plugins/admin/css/images/btnl_bg.png2618.57%

5./oxwall/ow_userfiles/plugins/base/favicon.ico

If I activate Oxwall debug mode the error log (ow_log/error.log) is the following:

[Tue Apr 16 1:02:39 2019] [ow_core_log] [Warning] Message: Can't generate URI! Route `index` not found! File: /web/htdocs/www.saintclubmilano.it/home/oxwall/ow_core/router.php Line:236

All the other 'route' work fine (eg: users, base_member_dashboard, base_join, view_photo_list, video_list_index, see table table 'ow_base_menu_item' above)

It must be something very tricky as this is just a fresh installation and all the other routes work fine.

Can anybody help? I am stuck at the moment and, sure, route 'index' is quite important ...

Thanks in advance, 

Marco

Marco Giaccaglini

TABLE  'ow_base_menu_item' for type 'main'

id      prefix          key                     documentKey     type         order                   routePath      externalUrl   newWindow            visibleFor

23      base            main_menu_index         main            2            base_index              NULL           NULL          3

41      base            users_main_menu_item    main            4            users                   NULL           NULL          3

211     base            base_join_menu_item     main            3            base_join               NULL           NULL          1

304     base            dashboard               main            1            base_member_dashboard   NULL           NULL          2

500     photo           photo                   main            5            view_photo_list         NULL           NULL          3

502     video           video                   main            6            video_list_index        NULL           NULL          3

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Apr 16
this is htaccess problem, install oxwall on subdomian, then everything should be ok
Marco Giaccaglini
Thanks ArtMedia.

You mean to configure something like:  community.saintclubmilano.it and use as Oxwall access?

Any way to change the configuration of htaccess?  Add a .htacces file in /oxwall ?

Oxwall is already partitioned from root. It is installed in saintclubmilano.it/oxwall

Thanks, very useful info.

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Apr 16

Read about this

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/704102/how-does-rewritebase-work-in-htaccess

Marco Giaccaglini
Hello ArtMedia, all, 

I have checked .htaccess in the oxwall dir and is ok.

In fact you can see that the index.php is correctly called and the error is in ow_core/router.php file (line 236). So it is can/should be core configuration problem.

Error:

[Tue Apr 16 1:02:39 2019] [ow_core_log] [Warning] Message: Can't generate URI! Route `index` not found! File: /web/htdocs/www.saintclubmilano.it/home/oxwall/ow_core/router.php Line:236

The sequence (apparently) is:

index.php

route.php

router.php 

Failing line 236 in router.php

if ( isset($this->routes[$routeName]) )        {            return $this->routes[$routeName]->generateUri($params);        }
        trigger_error("Can't generate URI! Route `" . $routeName . "` not found!", E_USER_WARNING);

where:

$routeName  = 'index'

so: isset($this->routes[$routeName])  is (apparently) failing, meaning that for $routeName there is no routes[] configured ...

Who can help on this?

Marco

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Apr 17
you must edit oxwall core files earlier, on default oxwall instalation dont exist "index" route, "base_default_index" or "base_index" exist
The Forum post is edited by ArtMedia Apr 17
Marco Giaccaglini

Hi ArtMedia, 

yes, I tried and true: base_default_index exists and (as a workaround) can be used as Main (NOTE: in fact this routes goes to the User Dashboard, so already accessible from 'Dashboard' menuitem, or base_member_dashboard route).

The 'base_index' is the (only) missing/faulting route.

Can be re-activated? I am a bit confused as this (base_index) should be just present in a fresh installation ... correct?

In addition, the following routes (apparently) are a duplication/just same page:

base_default_index     (OK)

base_member_dashboard  (OK)

e.g. both routes generate a page that has 'My Dashboard' as page name ...

How is that?

General question:

I understand that the table TABLE  'ow_base_menu_item' is the config place for Menu.

Where is the table for configuring the core routes/pages? That is to say the basic configured:

base_join              (OK)

base_default_index     (OK, directs to base_member_dashboard)

base_index             (FAIL, not present on base installation v. 1.8.4)

users                  (OK)

base_member_dashboard  (OK)

view_photo_list        (OK)

video_list_index       (OK)

TABLE  'ow_base_menu_item' just after installation:

id      prefix          key                     documentKey     type         order           routePath           externalUrl   newWindow            visibleFor

23      base            main_menu_index          main            2            (base_index FAILING)    NULL           NULL          3

41      base            users_main_menu_item     main            4            users                   NULL           NULL          3

211     base            base_join_menu_item      main            3            base_join               NULL           NULL          1

304     base            dashboard                main            1            base_member_dashboard   NULL           NULL          2

500     photo           photo                    main            5            view_photo_list         NULL           NULL          3

502     video           video                    main            6            video_list_index        NULL           NULL          3

Marco Giaccaglini
Hello again ArtMedia, all, 

some more information on the configuration (and routPaths and generated URIs)

You can directly test at the link: http://www.saintclubmilano.it/oxwall/ 

Currently I have:

TABLE 'ow_base_menu_item'

Menu Item (key)                   routePath

main_menu_index                 base_default_index    

users_main_menu_item      users

base_join_menu_item         base_join

dashboard                         base_member_dashboard

photo                               view_photo_list

video                                video_list_index

This configuration generates the live menu as follows:

Menu Item                            live generated menu links (URL/URI)main_menu_index                 http://www.saintclubmilano.it/oxwall/    users_main_menu_item      http://www.saintclubmilano.it/oxwall/usersbase_join_menu_item         base_joindashboard                         http://www.saintclubmilano.it/oxwall/dashboardphoto                               http://www.saintclubmilano.it/oxwall/photo/viewlist/latestvideo                                http://www.saintclubmilano.it/oxwall/video

So:

routePath                              generates                         goes to page

base_default_index                 oxwall/                             My Dashboardusers                                  oxwall/users                     Memberbase_member_dashboard     oxwall/dashboard              My Dashboard

In addition (FAILING)

routePath                              generates                         goes to pagebase_index                             oxwall/index                       FAIL (404 Page Not Found)

(note: $base is 'oxwall')

Marco Giaccaglini

Sorry, the forum modifies the post formatting:

Menu Item (key)                routePath                 generated URL/URImain_menu_index              base_default_index        www.saintclubmilano.it/oxwall/users_main_menu_item ;      users                     www.saintclubmilano.it/oxwall/usersbase_join_menu_item ;         base_join                 www.saintclubmilano.it/oxwall/joindashboard ;                      base_member_dashboard     www.saintclubmilano.it/oxwall/dashboardphoto ;                              view_photo_list           /...ist/latestvideo ;                              video_list_index          www.saintclubmilano.it/oxwall/video

routePath                      generates                     goes to page (Page Name)base_default_index             oxwall/                       "My Dashboard"users                          oxwall/users                  "Members"base_member_dashboard          oxwall/dashboard              "My Dashboard"
In addition (FAILING)
routePath                      generates                     goes to pagebase_index                     oxwall/index                  ***FAIL (404 Page Not Found)***

Marco Giaccaglini

Re-try ... (forum software modifies formatting)

Menu Item (key)              routePath                 generated URL/URImain_menu_index              base_default_index        $sitename/oxwall/users_main_menu_item         users                     $sitename/oxwall/usersbase_join_menu_item          base_join                 $sitename/oxwall/joindashboard                    base_member_dashboard     $sitename/oxwall/dashboardphoto                        view_photo_list           $sitename/oxwall/photo/viewlist/latestvideo                        video_list_index          $sitename/oxwall/video

routePath                      generates                     goes to page (Page Name)base_default_index             oxwall/                       "My Dashboard"users                          oxwall/users                  "Members"base_member_dashboard          oxwall/dashboard              "My Dashboard"
In addition (FAILING)
routePath                      generates                     goes to pagebase_index                     oxwall/index                  ***FAIL (404 Page Not Found)***

Marco Giaccaglini

impossible reformatting ...  retry ...

Menu Item (key)routePath generated URL/URI

main_menu_index base_default_index $sitename/oxwall/

users_main_menu_item users $sitename/oxwall/users

base_join_menu_item base_join $sitename/oxwall/join

dashboard base_member_dashboard $sitename/oxwall/dashboard

photo view_photo_list $sitename/oxwall/photo/viewlist/latest

video video_list_index $sitename/oxwall/video

routePath generates goes to page (Page Name)

base_default_index oxwall/ "My Dashboard"

users oxwall/users "Members"

base_member_dashboard oxwall/dashboard "My Dashboard"

In addition (FAILING)

routePath generates goes to page

base_index oxwall/index ***FAIL (404 Page Not Found)***

Marco Giaccaglini
... last try ...  (very bad forum software for tables ...)

Menu Item (key)......................routePath................................generated URL/URI

main_menu_index....................base_default_index...................$sitename/oxwall/

users_main_menu_item...........users..........................................$sitename/oxwall/users

base_join_menu_item..............base_join...................................$sitename/oxwall/join

dashboard ................................base_member_dashboard........$sitename/oxwall/dashboard

photo........................................view_photo_list........................$sitename/oxwall/photo/viewlist/latest

video ........................................video_list_index........................$sitename/oxwall/video

routePath................................generates................................goes to page (Page Name)

base_default_index...................oxwall/......................................."My Dashboard"

users..........................................oxwall/users..............................."Members"

base_member_dashboard........oxwall/dashboard......................"My Dashboard"

In addition (FAILING)

routePath................................generates.................................goes to page

base_index................................oxwall/index...............................***FAIL (404 Page Not Found)***