We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Question - Language Manager | Forum

Matthias
Matthias Apr 22 '19

Hello,

I checked your plugin and think that could be interesting for multi-language sites. I am wondering if it also solves the issue with the "activity notifications" plugin? This plugin only sends out Email notifications in one (main) language and ignores all other languages installed.

It would be great to have a plugin that finally sends out activity Emails in the correct language. Can your plugin do this?

Thank you for your answer,

Matthias

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 22 '19

This plugin does not send anything to anyone, it's just so that the administrator can easily manage all entries in all languages, it also removes all the entries of uninstalled plugins, reload the original language of a plugin ( see  https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/64254 ) and more utilities.

But it is a "maintenance" plugin, once you have your languages edited correctly, it is advisable to "deactivate" it and not use it until you install or uninstall plugins or languages.

Obviously you can edit the content of the Activity Notifications plugin as it is: one more plugin. I enclose a screenshot.

Send notifications in the main language of the web instead of in the user's language because this plugin has this design error.

I will look at how this plugin works internally and I will make a new plugin with this corrected because it has more errors such as sending emails to blocked members.

Matthias
Matthias Apr 23 '19

Hello, thank you for explaining! I also think its a great idea looking into the notifications plugin and the issues it has.

I look forward to your work!

Paul
Paul Apr 23 '19
Is it possible to add new key and values to an existing plugin via backend?
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 23 '19

To add new keys you have two options:

* go to yoursite.com/admin/settings/dev-tools/languages and do it

* or access the same page from my plugin, which only adds the convenience of selecting the language and the plugin to edit from the table. It is more comfortable, but you access the same site.

I have not duplicated functions that OxWall already does, but it is easier and more convenient with the plugin.

Paul
Paul Apr 23 '19
Bought the plugin, but it is not shown in "my purchase" ?
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
And the money has arrived, but the store is not going very well. I already release a license for you, I ask you to comment if you like the plugin, how it can be improved and if you can fit your expectations.
Paul
Paul Apr 23 '19
Wow thank you. :) Plugin works great, I could add some new key. 

It was a missing function and always enoying to zip and unzip the language file for custom plugins :)

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
I'm glad you like it and it's useful.

If you see that a service is missing, tell me and I will add it.

The Forum post is edited by Patricia Zorrilla Apr 23 '19
You do not have permission to reply this topic