We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can oxwall powered community works with the managed server | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Esther Lewis
Esther Lewis Apr 23 '19
I have an online e-commerce store and is hosted on the DigitalOcean managed server which is powered by Cloudways. So, to further interact with my customers and to answer their queries, I want to create a social community.

So, does oxwall powered social community is sustainable with the managed digitalOcean server.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 23 '19

I think the main problem is not the server because you can change it whenever you want, and there are many, many.

In any of them you can request that you install or uninstall things, or even enable you to do it yourself. I have hired one and I have it and my clients activate or deactivate modules, libraries, PHP versions or whatever it takes.

I do not sell server services, I only inform you.

The OxWall requirements are low, that's not the problem.

If you have many simultaneous users it consumes a lot of CPU resources, exponentially. Fortunately if they are not simultaneous no matter how many members there are with the exception of some plugins that are poorly designed, but they are not essential.

Your problem is the bridge between the software that you are using between your store and OxWall, so that users do not have to register twice and also, each time they access your website they have to authenticate themselves in two sites to be able to access everywhere.

It is necessary to make a bridge in the access system of one of the two softwares so that the profiles and the authentication system are used when accessing one of the two systems and the other is hidden.

That is, you have to study both systems and evaluate which of the two is easier to modify. It is not the simple and usual problem of "transferring" the members of one system to another and abandoning the old one, but that both software coexist on the same server and with the same database.

It is quite complex and will require several hours of programming and checking, that is, it is not cheap.

If it is not understood very well ... It is the fault of the Google translator