We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

alternative of oxwall websites? | Forum

Onur
Onur May 22 '19
i am looking alternative of oxwall social network. is somone advise another social platform because here not more developing nothing... 

Or any advise for me?
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany May 22 '19
Topic was moved from General Questions.
dave Leader
dave May 23 '19
There are lots of open source scripts on the market, however basically your trading one issue for another issue.  

Some are great as a base but then you pay through the nose for plugins, im talking hundreds of dollars for one plugin.  

Some are great visually with all kinds of eyecandy but then dont have the features you want.  

As i said the bottom line is its 6 of one or half dozzen of the other.  That means 6 is 6 any way you slice it. 

Youll just have to check them out to see which one fits your pocketbook and your developement and admin experience.  

dave Leader
dave May 23 '19
Chris that link is broken  :(
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 23 '19
There is to many developer that FOCUS on PC platform and LOVE PC but they always forget make mobile apps and develop that the LAST ....they should do opposite way i wish....start with mobile apps and then focus on the last PC platform.....there is to many PC platforms that i feel working very good with theme that support mobile.....but no apps that stands out or have many features

and some apps are so ugly made that you not care how many features they have built in.

this my opinion

The link https://www.chamial.com/ works fine for me

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 23 '19
dave Leader
dave May 23 '19
One of the reasons for that Ghost is because for the average developer who does not have specialized training in mobile development and the tools required, it is a steep uphill dredge to learn the process.  

Im not talking about just creating a special folder for mobile im talking about testing and making sure everything works.  The tools are specialized and complicated, the software is specialized and complicated.  The average developer just does not want to mess with all that. 

There are platforms out there that are good on mobile, most of the good ones are not free and require a huge financial investment.  

The Forum post is edited by dave May 23 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 23 '19
I feel now when possible submit PWA app to playstore and ios store it should not bee very complicated for a already skilled developer create beautiful mobile apps for the stores?

As far i know you just need the tools to compile the source code for the different stores and add some codes for it work

I not say it VERY easy but i not say it is VERY hard....i think i medium level for a already interested programmer that loves to make code

And i not force anyone to do it...but i see already 2 skilled developer is on the way to make it success in this forum...so no i not agree this is VERY hard to make if you already have the programming skills 

And i not say it is a quick project! but quick project in my opinion is not quality projects!

And i fully understand eveything you programming takes a lot of TIME....but why then not use the time and effort you use on PC platform on a mobile APP ...PWA for example to start with and then compile to Android and IOS

I hope Artmedia will success with his PWA app that he working on...nice work and effort from him to do that alone with no sponsors as far i know

And the reason i not leave skadate is just because they have beautiful designed apps and not apps that looks like they was build on blocks and have ugly layout and design

if skadate have not beautiful mobile apps i was leave them forever because there is so many PC platforms that are much better then oxwall and skadate specially when it comes to SEO and SPEED

Oxwall team is smart ...they was leave oxwall project and FOCUS 100% on mobile apps and do just little changes on the oxwall core but very little effort on the desktop platform it self. They know you can not ignore to not have mobile apps ....it is the future....i love PC platform but sadly not everyone loves to buy a PC this days....they just want download apps...nothing else...and not blame me for this because this how the market looks today

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 23 '19
dave Leader
dave May 23 '19
Strange maybe they have the USA blocked or something... 
dave Leader
dave May 23 '19
Looks like a 404 to me

Attachments:
  notreached.jpg (33Kb)
dave Leader
dave May 23 '19
takes about 15 sec i guess so somewhere in between 
Marco
Marco May 23 '19

Quote from Chris_W Odd, I must admit it is fairly slow to respond here, but does come up. Does it come up with the error straight away, or could it just be timing out?

I was busy with testing. Is it always slow?
dave Leader
dave May 24 '19
When i use proxysite.com it does load, its slow but it does load.   One day i will figure out why with satellite connection some sites wont load, im scratching my head on this one because i cant load github either, does the same thing. 

Must have something to do with header content expiring on the sat stream or something. 

Marco
Marco May 24 '19
For those who are interested:
We today released a new version for chamial where we update the smarty template library to the latest version.
Easy update your oxwall installation with our patch:

https://www.chamial.com/docs/faq/oxwall-to-chamial/patch-oxwall-to-chamial/

Latest information about latest release:
https://www.chamial.com/chamial/new-release/chamial-version-1-9-07-released/

dave Leader
dave May 24 '19
why chamial.... where does that name come from or mean?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 25 '19
i updated smarty template to latest version and now run php 7.3 ...works fine so far with no issues...

chamial support php 7.3 ?

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 25 '19
Marco
Marco May 25 '19

Quote from OW-Ghost i updated smarty template to latest version and now run php 7.3 ...works fine so far with no issues...

chamial support php 7.3 ?

Yes: