We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

how can i change userid to User Name on profile title? | Forum

Onur
Onur Jun 10 '19
how can i change userid to User Name on profile title?
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jun 11 '19

Can you explain better what you want to do?

Maybe I can help you but I do not understand what you want to do. 

Onur
Onur Jun 12 '19

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla Bcn

Can you explain better what you want to do?

Maybe I can help you but I do not understand what you want to do. 

i show  here. what i want to change

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jun 12 '19
I suppose you should be using a plugin that does that, please tell me what plugins you have installed and active (by private if you want), and if it is one of the ones I have I will look at my web of tests and tell you something.

Onur
Onur Jul 25 '19
i didnt install plugin. i just want to change userid (user_name) 
dave Leader
dave Jul 26 '19
Does that tab value change if you select use real name in the admin user settings?   

Just tested and no the tab stays showing username not real name so it will be custom coding deal.

Dont forget if you have their real name on the tab, the google spider could add that to google listing. You might want to say something about that in your privacy or TOS so that user are aware their real name could show up on google search.  I dont know if that tab data gets indexed or not.  

I did find something in the seo users page but that is just the display text of $user_name  its not the value as it has not yet been converted yet from var to value.   The lang keys are base+meta_desc_user_page and base+meta_title_user_page

$user_name is a global var so you may have to create a new var called $display_name and then change the value in the lang key or just overwrite the value in the seo php file.

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 26 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jul 29 '19

Username is a field that does not support spaces and OxWall does not support duplicate usernames, so they can be part of a profile's URL.

Displayname ... you can have several members with the same real name and even with spaces, so they cannot be used as a profile URL.

If I understood the problem well -Using DisplayName instead of UserName as part of a profile's URL-, it has no solution.