We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

meesage sent in email | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Stan Jensen
Stan Jensen Jul 1 '19
When someone sends someone a message, the recipient gets a copy of the message in the email notifying them of what the message says

Has anyone figured out a way around that so they get notified there is a message waiting for them?  If they put in their WhatsApp number then people do not have to login in to see what it defeats the purpose of a paid membership

Thoughts?

dave Leader
dave Jul 2 '19
A plugin could do this quite easily, maybe someone could do a plugin and call it something like message waiting  :0)

I do believe there is a hookable event before the message goes out that the plugin could hook into and rewrite the message. 

Stan Jensen
Stan Jensen Jul 4 '19
you had me until you said hookable event, how is that created?
dave Leader
dave Jul 4 '19
Many oxwall plugins use events like registration, adding a photo, deleting a photo, that sort o0f thing, when you do something on oxwall its called an event.  

Oxwall is set up to where you can listen for that event, before (such as before deleting), during, or after the event, and then have your plugin do something. 

Check out the classes folder and the event_handler.php file.   You will see events listed on the bottom, that code binds your plugin to that event and then runs your function in the listener accordingly. 

This is called hooking into an event. 

There are too many events to list here but there are alot of them.   Most of them are listed in the core files if i remember correctly. 

Basala mander
Basala mander May 12 '20

Quote from dave Many oxwall plugins use events like registration, adding a photo, deleting a photo, that sort o0f thing, when you do something on oxwall its called an event.  

Oxwall is set up to where you can listen for that event, before (such as before deleting), during, or after the event, and then have your plugin do something. 

Check out the classes folder and the event_handler.php file.   You will see events listed on the bottom, that code binds your plugin to that event and then runs your function in the listener accordingly. 

This is called hooking into an event.  visit official site

There are too many events to list here but there are alot of them.   Most of them are listed in the core files if i remember correctly. 

Many thanks for that complete information!
The Forum post is edited by Basala mander May 13 '20