We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mobile (progressive) web app | Forum

Marco
Marco Jul 26 '19

Hello All,

As we're closing to release the latest patches with chamial. All code and libraries are updated to php 7 and latest libraries like: phpmailer, smarty, etc.
We will now focus on a mobile app. We still need to think abt 3th party plugins and what framework: ionic or react native.

Can the oxwall users give us a suggestion on what framework and also tell the reason why. We will trying to release a mobile app in the next 2-3 months

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 31 '19
IonicPros:

- No matter whether it’s HTML, CSS, JS, or Angular — it’s platform independent

- It’s wrapped by Cordova and PhoneGap

- It works on UIWebView (if it’s iOS) or WebView (if it’s Android);

- It allows creating default mobile app User Interface functionalities in an easy and efficient way;

- You can use TypeScript for developing apps for all platforms; Besides, you can also use for RN, though it’s less common.

Cons:

- Performance issues when using too many callbacks to the native code;

- The development of advanced interactive or graphics transitions can turn out to be really difficult.

- The necessity to know RxJS that may significantly reduce the learning curve.

React NativePros:

- Do you need to reuse existing code? Just do it! This really increases the development speed

- Huge developers community so you won’t have to be afraid of any challenges. This allows solving challenges related to React Native within the shortest period of time;

- Since the code is independent of platforms (iOS or Android) — it can be used across both platforms.

Cons:

- Since it’s created for iOS, components for Android may require some efforts from you.

- It’s meant for more “complicated” apps. Consequently, they may require more resources and a higher budget.

I hope that helps a little and there is many reviews on internet to read about the two frameworks

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 31 '19
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jul 31 '19
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Bob Bob
Bob Bob Jul 31 '19
My understanding is that Ionic is better suited to quick development by small teams. React Native supposedly feels more like a native mobile app though, and provides a faster, more responsive experience. 

In a perfect world I might prefer the better performance and more native feel of React Native. However, I think that Ionic may be the better choice in this situation, given the small team involved. Having an app that is full-featured, stable and with no bugs, is more important to me than anything else. I think that goal might be easiest to achieve using Ionic. 

Marco
Marco Aug 1 '19
Thank you
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 2 '19
My vote goes to: React

AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 2 '19
Bugs can be fixed with $$$
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 3 '19

Quote from Exclusive Bugs can be fixed with $$$
Bugs can bee fixed with "not make bugs"
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 3 '19
Oh, yea.. My mistake master programmer.....

I don't think you understand development...

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Aug 3 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 4 '19
Oh yea ...my mistake

every developer is create exactly same mistakes and no different and how many bugs you create as a programmer

i develop program to yaskawa robots so i know many about programming and there is they who create programs with 100 bugs and they who create programs with 3 bugs only or 0 bugs depend how much you learned and how experied you are in that program language you use....

i have study php,java, c++ long time ago 20 years ago....and i know the first time i try create program i did many many mistakes (bugs) because i did not study enough the program language and no experience at all to create programs in this languages 

when it comes to money it a huge differens from fix 100 bugs or 10 bugs

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 4 '19
Chelsie Barns
Chelsie Barns Dec 23 '19
Why are you quarring. We all people and we all make mistakes
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 24 '19

Quote from Chelsie Barns Why are you quarring. We all people and we all make mistakes
I agree "we all make mistakes"

BUT som developers make 100 mistakes and some make 10 mistakes when develop same software, that is huge difference in price cost for develop a software.

Sometimes i hired less ecepried developer on freelancer for example and at the end i need pay same price if i was hired a more experied developer because of all bugs he need fix and the time i need debug his garbage code cost me money and time

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 24 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Dec 30 '19

I think Marco has left OxWall and Chamial a few months ago.

He accepted me as a beta tester, but I could never collaborate on anything, he did everything. Between one version and another it did not tell me what files I had modified, or with what intention, so I installed it and it was looking at it without much interest until there was a significant improvement over OxWall. That he had fake profiles around here saying that everything was going very well and was very nice with websites with thousands of users discredited him a lot, that's a very childish advertising error.

In the latest version he published, compared to OxWall, there was an update of Smarty, a backup system and small improvements that productively were not useful.

OxAmérica and OxWallPlus are also similar projects also abandoned.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Dec 30 '19

In any case, it's a shame to have lost a good programmer.

It is also a pity that maybe if I am here with another nick ... I hate that the registration date is not shown in OxWall, that the nickname can be changed, that a counter of published messages is not seen (as in PHPBB). .. It is not serious, it is not professional.

AppXprt
AppXprt Dec 30 '19
Pretty sure the smarty update and backup system was all from my plugins too
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 30 '19
lol...was very easy update smarty just replace a folder with a new one...but i was get errors all the time when i do
this error i get 100 every day
Illegal string offset 'label' File: /var/www/html/ow_smarty/template_c/72123f5aa239cd4d8e866aa400be9453d854adec_0.file.box_toolbar.html.php Line:50
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 30 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt Dec 30 '19
Those are in the cached smarty templates, you need to clear your cache with cacheextreme most likely...
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 30 '19
i try delete the entirely file not helping....it must create new same file all the time?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 30 '19
there is no problem if i go back to old smarty version

i think a skadate theme issue maybe with the toolbar?

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 30 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt Dec 31 '19
Yes, with Laravel, I've known about this for a few months now, but haven't been watching it since I discovered it.

I would provide a link, but he's using private repo's on GitHub now (it was originally public.)

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Dec 31 '19
Pages: 1 2 »