We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

IPv6 Compatible? - Join IP Info | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 2 '19
Hello

When i installed cloudflare It direcly set Ipv6 adresses support as default. (hard to change)

I get 0.0.0.0 IPs join my sites with your plugin when someone join with Ipv6 adresses?

Is your plugin support Ipv6 adresses?

If you plugin is lookup oxwall ip database then this plugin not support ipv6 and is garbage totally

Could you make the plugin do they own up lookup and not use oxwalls join ip that support only old ipv4 ip:s

Thanks

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 6 '19
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 7 '19
Hello sir,

The Join IP Lookup plugin uses the default IP collected by Oxwall during registration. It doesn't create any entry of its own.

Regards

Ebenezer Obasi

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 7 '19
Hello Sir,

i guess you happy with that solution that the plugin not support ipv6 the year soon 2020 ?

Strange that nobody want support for ipv6 it like use a software from 1990

Sir it must bee possible make a lookup that not use oxwall built in feature, could you please try do that or return my money i not use of ipv4 ONLY plugin.

It says nothing in description it support only ipv4 IPs

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 7 '19
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 7 '19
It's not up to me sir. Most systems are still using IPv4 and Oxwall hasn't been updated in a while. I'm sure in the future they will most likely consider the switch to IPv6.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 7 '19
Sir it is up to you .....you sell a Ip lookup plugin that can bee modified to lookup ipv6.

Not blame oxwall that is no logical to do at all

oxwall team can not help you use they ipv4 old system in you plugin

i have plugin that lookup ipv6 and i know it can bee done if not include oxwall ip lookup system

it is you who build this plugin NOT oxwall team

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 7 '19
Maybe you misunderstand, this plugin does not create any entry of its own, it uses the JoinIp info collected during registration. This is clearly stated on the plugin description and name. You even ask the same question here https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/65030 before you purchased the plugin and I gave you exactly the same response.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 7 '19
Yes but on my website and everyones website we have people join with ipv6 and that is not new. if you not tell this plugin not support 10-15% of my people around the world i want money back. Now i know how oxwall core working but if you not a programmer you can not guessing this. and it is redicalus that you build in features from 1990 in you plugin and not care fix so it not us this old lookup ip system. you should do better things then this
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 7 '19
it says nothing about you use a old system for lookup ip in you description (look up join ip can work if you build it with not use outdated code in the plugin from the core and i can not guess you use outdated code when i buy this plugin)

you can have lookup ip with ipv6 if you build it in another way and we who buy this plugin do not know what code you use and that you use a old system that was build 20 years ago in this plugin

no i have better thing to put my money on then old out dated plugins that works best in year 1990

it is a shame you blame oxwall rather then try modify you plugin to work with ipv6 when i know it is possible

i hope you will return my money...and you can sell this to others that like stay in 1990

i can inform you it is not allowed sell a product that say look up join ip ALL and then it not include 0-20% 

that is false marketing ....you need bee more clear that this plugin only support ipv4 and not support ipv6 we can not guessing what code you use

so please return my money before i open despute in paypal, i was take screen shot you description 

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 7 '19
There is no one blaming anyone here. This is how the system works, Oxwall registers user's IPv4 during sign up, this info is what the plugin pulls to display the IP info. I can't stress this enough and certainly can't help you any further. You can always hire a developer to modify what info your website collects during registration and the JoinIP info plugin will work just fine.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 7 '19
but you choose to use the old ipv4 system and then you need tell that in description

you can choose use another system in you plugin when a user "JOIN" the site and look up ip

we do not know what system you build in you plugin

you totally ignore that it is possibel build the plugin for working with ipv6 and that you use a old lookup ipv4 system in you plugin

do what you want but give me money back please or i need do a despute on paypal

i forget to tell oxwall is not sell they ip lookup feature and probably they would not do because it is not support ipv6 but you doing that and you give no description about this at all in you plugin description that it only support ipv4 IP....in my point of view you need bee more clear what IP this plugin support and not support and stop blame a old script that you use inside you plugin

i just started despute and i will give more proof that you use code that not support ipv6 in you plugin and no description about this is very bad you more i think about it

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 7 '19
Your issue is not with the plugin, your issue is that your server their own IP instead of the user's IP address. You can either turn off Cloudflare or get support from your service provider. The plugins will work perfectly well with IPv6 as long as you find a way to make IPv6 available on the joinIp user profile field.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Germany Aug 11 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 7 '19

- It have nothing to do with cloudflare. Any server that have ipv6 support is not working with you plugin.

- I have 2 plugins that work with lookup ipv6 you maybe should learn from them when you build a plugin next time and not use old database and code in you plugin that someone not updated in 15 years.

Yes i agree maybe if i hired someone to make this oxwall IP lookup feature working with ipv6 then you plugin should work but i feel that is not my responsible to do that because i buy a finished product that should show users IP and it not show ipv6 IP and it says nothing in you description about this.

I suggest you change description to bee clear more. I can not guess your plugin only support ipv4?

or should i guess that you plugin only support ipv4? when i have other plugins on my website that lookup ipv6 with no issues but with different code . 

problem is you use old code my friend in you plugin you need try create you own code for lookup ip or higher the price and add feature that fix the things in the core for you plugin work with ipv6

do not blame this on others cloudflare,oxwall team, me who buy this plugin....no one have created your code...you did create the code and decide use old lookup code from oxwall

get more and more logical for anyone who reads this....it is your responsible you are the creator of this plugin and you can pick what code you should have included or not and you can pick what description you will include and not include

take your responsible ...you more you talk you more it shows you try blame it on others

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 11 '19
You do not have permission to reply this topic