We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Possibly a newbie question so please forgive me | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Michael
Michael Nov 8 '12
Whats the difference between oxwall and wallfm? I havent spent anytime with wallfm but can see there site is littered with complaints and problems but looks a lot like oxwall.
Michael
Michael Nov 8 '12
Am I missing something? what they offer in my opinion is crap, my oxwall wouldn't last long even on there biggest server, and I certainly wouldn't pay $150 for them to host it especially when they dont tell you the server specs. Ram and CPU is much more important than knowing you have 40GB storage space, although it is worth knowing as 40GB wont last!

Why would you use wall.fm doesnt make sense to me?
hicham hisham
hicham hisham Nov 8 '12
i guess they use wall.fm to get money to make OXWALL script FREE for all of us.

then concerning the RAM CPU.. it's technical informations.. do u ever seen any semilar website telling you about them servers power... all you have to know that there is a Storage space to store the users files : photos...etc 

PS : im just a new user of oxwall script and i don't work with them :)

Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from hicham hisham i guess they use wall.fm to get money to make OXWALL script FREE for all of us.

They use oxwall to get money. Which one is correct? :D

Wall.fm does not support other plugins and themes. Only the inhouse oxwall plugins can be used.

It's mainly for the users who does not want to manage their own server. They can give a try and if there site is picking up well, they can move/migrate to their own server.