We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Has anyone tried Oxwall, and if so how did it go? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
liamkonviks
liamkonviks Sep 8 '19

Considering using it to make a fun little social media community. Wondering about other experience as far as getting to the point of completion and having users - possible issues that I might face

Marcus
Marcus Sep 9 '19
Never heard of this new service. Doesn't look right to me to say the least. Stick to oxwall oficial products that's my advice to you
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Sep 9 '19
Marcus
Marcus Sep 9 '19
It's not about that it works it about reputation baby. They're using ow script sure it works. They could have added some code that they could use to hack your website without you even knowing about it. 
AppXprt
AppXprt Sep 9 '19
How long have you been on here? 

I like that you're contributing and creating plugins, but lets try to keep the conspiracy theories down to a minimum unless you have proof?!

Chris_W and I have both used and reviewed Chamial. I even created a plugin to switch Oxwall over to Chamial and look forward to helping with their PWA.

Marco is at least developing and releasing updates!

As for the fact that, that comment was actually meant for me and my Scene CMS.

I very well may be the most hated developer here, but I'm working on changing that and being positive.

I don't think anyone can deny that I've created some impressive plugins including the largest Oxwall plugin that was ever put in the store.

I removed my plugins from the store a few months back, but uploaded 4 old ones and 1 new last night, waiting on approval.

Anyone who has me blocked might want to reconsider... Turning a new and extremely productive leaf.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Sep 9 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 9 '19
I support Chamial work...everything that make old oxwall software new and much better is fully supported from me....

right now use updated oxwall fork from skadate team (old oxwall team).

I will pick the best fork and they who have best products to sell that attract me and my interest....competion is good for oxwall get more people buy products and plugins

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Sep 9 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Sep 10 '19

Quote from Marcus It's not about that it works it about reputation baby. They're using ow script sure it works. They could have added some code that they could use to hack your website without you even knowing about it. 
If you do something murky I will realize right away because I am very aware of all (public) versions of OxWall, every time there is any change in Chamial, OxWall's GitHub, or what I find from Skadate I study it file by file, line by line and what I consider useful is incorporated into my own version of OxWall (private). I would like everyone to collaborate on a common project, this was the original idea