We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

The correct setting for a cron job sub domain | Forum

Rob
Rob Sep 22 '19

Is there someone at Oxwall or an external developer/user who can tell us how to set the cron job for a sub-domain.In any case, we are still not getting it right.!Below is how we always set it up but this does not seem to work.

/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/username/domains/sub-domainname.domainname.nl/public_html/ow_cron/run.php >/dev/null 2>&1

With best regards,

Admiraliteit Imedia

dave Leader
dave Sep 22 '19
this first part is telling the cron job where to find php, you may not need all of that especially if that address is wrong.  So just try php and see if the server can find it that way.

It also looks like you have public html in the wrong place, that should always go after the username in my experience

Try this

php -q  /home/username/public_html/maindomain/subdomain/ow_cron/run.php

Rob
Rob Sep 22 '19
Sorry Dave, but this rule doesn't work with us either.

We use for the basic website.:

/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/username/domains/domainname.nl/public_html/ow_cron/run.php >/dev/null 2>&1

and this works fine, but with a subdomain we don't get it working.

With regards,

Admiraliteit Imedia

dave Leader
dave Sep 22 '19
Is your subdomain a qualified domain or did you just add the folder.   By qualified domain i mean did you add a new domain via the system  or did you just add a new folder to the directory manually?

Check to see the actual path to the subdomain, some servers will have access to a qualified sub domain after username.  Look at your dir listing and see what the path to the dir folder is actually.

The Forum post is edited by dave Sep 22 '19
Rob
Rob Sep 22 '19

The subdomain is created via the Subdomain Management in DirectAdmin.

This places the subdomain name for the domain.

Example .: subdomain.domain.nl

dave Leader
dave Sep 22 '19
OK then it is a qualified domain...   so is that the way it is in the dir listing

i mean in your direct admin in the file manager do you access it by going to 

/home/username/domains/domainname.nl/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

or 

/home/username/public_html/domains/domainname.nl/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

or

/home/username/maindomain/subdomain/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

the addess you put in the cron will be the same way you access it via the file manager

do you have oxwall in both domain and sub domain?  If so you may need to add the subdomain to your htaccess file as a custom folder so that oxwall knows its ok to use that folder. 

I assume the subdomain site is working?

dave Leader
dave Sep 22 '19

who is your host?

Rob
Rob Sep 22 '19
Our host is.:

https://www.mangelot-hosting.nl/

To acces.:

/domains/domain.nl/public_html/subdomain

The Forum post is edited by Rob Sep 22 '19
Rob
Rob Sep 22 '19

We found it Dave.!

/home/username/domains/domain.nl/public_html/subdomain/ow_cron/run.php >/dev/null 2>&1

dave Leader
dave Sep 22 '19
put this after the <?php in your run.php file and then run the file manually via the browser and paste the result here please, you can remove your username for security just put xxx

echo "<pre>";

echo getcwd();

exit;

dave Leader
dave Sep 22 '19
Ok great... glad you got it sorted... 
Rob
Rob Sep 22 '19

Your reaction of how we have access the subdomain made us think.

Thank you so much for your help.

With the best regards,

Admiraliteit Imedia

Ivory Howard
Ivory Howard Dec 29 '21
It is best to consult a professional resume writer before submitting your resume to any possible employers. A professional resume writer can help you construct a well-organized and visually attractive CV. A professional resume writer - https://skillhub.com/resume-builder may assist you in creating your application materials, so it's not out of the question. Creating a visually appealing and easy-to-understand CV is the objective of an experienced CV writer. Resume writing services are a good investment since employers build an impression of you from the material in your resume. Depending on your situation, they may be able to help you draft a CV, CV cover letter, or resume. Creating a cover letter can be something they can help you with. If you need assistance with your resume or cover letter, look no further. There is a website mentioned above if you want to learn more about this issue. Hiring a professional resume writer is highly suggested while trying to get a new job.
The Forum post is edited by Ivory Howard Dec 30 '21
ReginaldAgustin
ReginaldAgustin Apr 21 '22

I'm an external developer, I bet I can help here. I even helped figure out all the problems present on https://whatevercoach.com/jobs/amazon-jobs/ so I know what I'm doing. Just trust me, that's all I ask.

Hiddenmann
Hiddenmann Jun 26 '22
Look at the prices here at cv writers london - here the cost starts from 99 euros, which is absolutely normal, as you get a great job and invaluable experience that will make you stand out from other candidates. Everything will work out, everything will be fine. You can not even doubt. Such services were created so that you can calmly move towards your professional goal and build a career. So don't be afraid to move on.